The Tundra Will Soon Be Frozen, Last Night Out In The Garage

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 'ol thermometer on the wall was pinned to the mid thirties today, so time to pack it in and head inside until Spring. All of you Midwest guys know the feeling, the family is going to have to get used to the sound of the grinder and the smell of paint wafting up from the basement.

sophomoreyear088.jpg

I have to suck it up and rely on space heaters and warm clothing. :roll: I have a heated shop at work that I can paint in so, I will be transporting frames and etc. there but, any mechanical work will be done in the garage. My wife recently did allow my to move my guitars and music epuipment out of the music room and store bikes there. She also gave thumbs up on letting me work in there with a tarp or drop cloth, as long as I don't destroy the carpet. :lol:

I broke down and bought and installed a hanging gas heater from menads about 4 years ago.
ran a ss corigated gas line through a pvc conduit pipe the 12 or 13 feet to the garage. Not only does it extend your fun project time it helps dry out those damp days in the garage . I should have done it along time ago. I use it just when i work out there so we really don't see a real jump in gas bill.

ckdesigns69 said:
I have to suck it up and rely on space heaters and warm clothing. :roll: I have a heated shop at work that I can paint in so, I will be transporting frames and etc. there but, any mechanical work will be done in the garage. My wife recently did allow my to move my guitars and music epuipment out of the music room and store bikes there. She also gave thumbs up on letting me work in there with a tarp or drop cloth, as long as I don't destroy the carpet. :lol:

You got to love that women of yours, she's a keeper 8) I also have to move inside.
Kitchen%20Sink-1a.jpg

Graylock

Yea, my wife is pretty neat. :p She is always on the lookout when we are driving around, for old bikes sitting. This summer, she was spotting garage sale bikes from the road before I could even read the garage sale sign. Totally supportive of my obsession!! :lol:

I'm always in the basement. A single stall garage is my downfall. The basement is old, but dry and surprisingly warm in the winter. The walls are 12" inches thick.

Just the opposite for us out here in the desert. I stay out of the garage most of the summer, there is just no cost effective way to cool it off when it gets really hot.
But I need to get out and get all my my Xmas presents made on the wood lathe.

way cool work area by the way. well i have to work pinstriping things like atthe moment a trophy, a box, and a 62 bug for customers. under a time crunch i had to work yesterday and today which is fine but the weather here went from 70 as a high to like 48 as a high yesterday and today which is a shock for me in my drafty garage. and the ol heater was not making much of a difference. all sorts of fun trying to run a smooth consistant line when you cant feel your fingers from the cold. :D

It must be a something we have done , because every year around this time the weather in the central and northern states gets like that. I always wonder if its because of the freon we use to use....that nasty R12. Has to be the problem. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea, I agree with Dr. T. :wink: Cool work place. I love the bike with the white seat in the " attitude " position. 8) If I had a set up like that, I would have the old classic rock going, as I normally do and the wife would have to drag me out of it.
Wait...she has to do that anyway. :lol:

Back