The TENDERIZER - finished ? :(

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Horny Horner - 5/19 - TENDERIZERS installed

yo, i like em spikes. the more the better. them are sic dude, wish i had them for Black Wicked. oh yeah, them rock

Outlaw

love the no stem set up... food for thought... perhaps turning the bars to face the other way would give a bit more leg room...

great ideas you have done on this bike. the bar stem combo is super original. and those pedals are great

Thanks all for the great comments!

xSKULLSWINGERx - PM me if you plan on being in OC anytime, I think I have some left over spikes you can have. Or you can buy them from this guy http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/nickleanok he had the cheapest ones that I could find.

Great craftsmanship,fartknocker!!! My 2 cents...sometimes less is more.Now if you could build me a set,I could use them to tenderize the tenderloins at the restaurant!...Pappy 8)

Re: The Horny Horner - 5/20 - paint prep

Although the frame has plenty of clearance for the 2.5" tires, there was a problem with the right seat stay. It's kind of hard to tell in this picture, but the tire rubbed on the right seat stay and the left chain stay. And the wheel is not bent...so either poor manufacturing or the seat stay got bent inward somehow.
framerub.jpg

So I cut off the brake bracket tube (or whatever the heck it's called) and bent the seat stay back using some wood blocks, a pry bar, and a little "love" ;)
framerubfix.jpg

While I had the welder out I decided to plug up some other holes that were not needed. The water bottle screws on the downtube, the brake holes on the fork (at the bottom of the steer tube), and a couple holes on the seat stays that I think were for v-brake posts.
weldholes.jpg

The frame is now hanging and painted! Hopefully have some more pics up tomorrow.

Re: The Horny Horner - 5/21 - a little color

Put a little color on it late yesterday. Got it reassembled and now the crankset is hanging with some new paint as well. The quality of all my pictures is lacking, I know. I keep forgetting to steal my girlfriend's digital camera...there's only so much that my cell phone camera will do :?

DSC00438.jpg

whats with the black out on the handlebars?

karfer67 said:
whats with the black out on the handlebars?

Oh, ummm, just a little censorship:)
I've got a couple little things that I'm working on and I don't want to give any teaser shots yet...

Very cool. I pity the first ankle biting dog that makes the mistake of chasin' you down the street! Good looking welds too.

Re: The Horny Horner - 5/23 - head badge

love the color what is that?

Thank you very much! This gets more exciting every day, especially with everyone's cool comments. And watching all of the other bikes progress a little every day keeps me motivated.

karfer67, the color is Rust-Oleum Dark Bronze Metallic. I personally have never liked metallic paint jobs, and I would have never thought of buying this had I not seen it used on my brother's bike parts ( viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16090 ). The first thing that I see in my head when I think of 'metallic' paint is a very sparkly and shiny finish...not so with this particular color. When I first saw it sprayed on my brother's bike I knew I had to have it!

now thats thew perfect badge :mrgreen:
if you have anymore(or could get some) would you be interested in swapping one for a beer tap?

Back