the target bike... again!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you guys remember the bike i got at target for $39.97?

it looked like this...

DSC02133.jpg

then,

it turned into this...

DSC02155.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

here is what it looks like after a $1.00 can of burnt copper metal speck paint, fenders back on, and some other bars...

DSC02566.jpg

DSC02568.jpg

DSC02567.jpg

Hey oct, i member this bike, i had it as my computer back ground for awhile!!

this paint is strange...

these pics were taken when it was overcast, and it looks really orange...
but when the sun came out it looked more like a rootbeer color. in the house it looks more like a red.

xddorox,
i found the paint at walmart, on sale for a dollar...

ricky, i remember that too, it was one of your first posts, you tried to trade me something for this bike....

might put the apes back on to see how it looks...

southp,

i did not sand to bare metal entirely, i hit some bare metal where i was feathering out some deep scratches...

i went over the entire thing, with a foam sanding block to scuff and degloss, then i sprayed on the gray you see on the apes version.

when i went back to do the orange, i went over the whole thing again, with the block, to scuff it again. then this time i went over everything with an etching primer, then color, then a ton of clear...( you cant see it in the pics, but it is super glossy from the excessive clear coats, and it has sparkles in the paint...)

hope this helps...

i found a new clear coat that i am going to try, $20 a can :x , i'll let you all know if it's all it's cracked up to be...

oct.

Latest posts

Back