'The Swing Thing'- pic heavy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've had this bike finished for almost three months, but with work and my camera having problems I wasn't able to get some pictures taken until today. A huge thanks goes out to Bikebuilder for making the frame, and letting me be part of the design process. He also made the taillight bracket under the seat and was able to get the rear hub apart when I couldn't. Uncle Stretch was cool enough to trade me the fork for some artwork too. I figured I had better get some pictures taken while there was still some paint left on it. I've crashed it three time myself and probably double that from other people :lol: . This was really the first swing bike I had ridden and they are a ton of fun, but they can get away from you if you're not paying attention (the vinyl is torn on the back of the seat from doing wheelies). The best part about a swing bike is watching other people ride it for the first time :mrgreen: .

The build thread is here viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13245&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=swing+thing

DSC05197.jpg

DSC05220.jpg

DSC05222.jpg

DSC05216.jpg

DSC05240.jpg

DSC05229.jpg

DSC05246.jpg

DSC05251.jpg

DSC05228.jpg

DSC05236.jpg

DSC05224.jpg

DSC05247.jpg

DSC05196.jpg

Excellent job. I love the color and the front fork looks great. I just sent my money off today for an original that I found on craigslist. It will be cool, but not nearly as unique as yours.

Great color and very cool bike. Those Gusset's match the Uncle Stretch frame. Maybe they need some pics together.

Just wanted to say again I really like how you finished that up! Creative chainguard mod. Color combo is great. I liked your first idea of a patina, but this clean look is just right.

Rat Rod said:
This is probably the coolest swing bike I have seen to date...nice work Mark! :D

Took the words right out of my mouth. If they had made them like this I would already have ten! Now I want one!

Thanks for bumping this one up. This was a way fun bike and bikebuilder did a fantastic job on the frame. Unfortunately this summer it got stolen and I've never seen it pop up :(.
Certain things in life that make you want go kill.
Sorry to hear, hope you get to catch the perpetrator(s).

Thanks guys. At this point I doubt it will ever show up, it sucks but in the end it is just a bike. Maybe I'll build up another one eventually. I don't think I would try and redo this one, but would really like another swingbike. A swing bike is worth having just to watch people try it out for the first time.

Latest posts

Back