The Smokestack Tandem (Monark)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awsome! My frame is shorter I'd say 40 1/2" measuring in a straight line from the front crank to the axle. I'm not sure if it would work for you. It's funny the way it's made, they most just cut a regular chain guard and put a piece in the middle.

Dr. Tankenstein yes thank you! I actually ordered two for this bike and didn't like the way they looked so I am returning them. They looked too big and took away from the flow of the bike.

jamesdart that's a bummer. Thanks anyway though! I'm going to have to get really creative I think to make a chain guard work. After all the rides I gave on Thursday to little munchkins that can't reach the pedals, it became very apparent that a guard is needed. Their little shoes kept hanging over a just enough to rub the chain here and there.

9ed1f74282111eca7f71702dd964ea74.jpg

A quick addition before our trick or treat ride.

The maiden voyage was a blast! His feet don't reach the pedals though, so he still gets to kick back and let me do all the work! This picture was literally our first pedal, so he's got his feet up in the air. He eventually learned to set them on the frame and relax though. He was so stoked! He kept kissing my back and saying "thank you daddy!" To know that he "gets it" and he's thankful makes it all worth it!
93a6591cb6316e24789ea9bc4d7b9baa.jpg

Yesterday was twin day at school/work (I'm a special education teacher). It's not hard for us to look like twins anyway, but it was perfect timing to have a tandem. I didn't plan it, but I finished the tandem just in time. No better excuse to bring it to school and ride around. You should have seen the reaction and hordes of kids following us like a parade. Best feeling for my little dude! He was beaming! I also gave lots of rides throughout the day. So this thing has definitely passed the test! No hang-ups, no problems... all fun!
2deb60d379bb89f828b9b370acf50732.jpg

THIS is the good stuff... I think the world needs to see more of THIS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back