The Sled (Updated pics 7/18)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd post a couple of new pics of the cruiser I'm building. I've named it the Sled. I love this site and I'm getting tons of creative ideas that I'll be using as I go through the build. Thanks for hosting such a great site!

100_8841.jpg

100_8832.jpg

100_8837.jpg

100_8839.jpg

Re: The Sled

Wow, that's utterly beautiful :shock: It makes me think of the batmobile... very, very cool!

i agree she is gorgoues......real head turner........love the design and style........amazing work.......

i like it. it's got a kind of classy look. makes me either want to start over with mine or make a second one with more of that feel.

Sweet ride! I'd go for a cool, black flake.

Where did you get those license plate bolt lights? I need to get a set of those...

Unchained said:
Wow, that's utterly beautiful :shock: It makes me think of the batmobile... very, very cool!

Thanks Unchained!!

rustyspokes21 said:
i agree she is gorgoues......real head turner........love the design and style........amazing work.......

Thanks Bro! Going for a long, low, lead sled look!

iRide Custom Bicycles said:
Absolutely beautiful! What color are you planning for it?

Glad you like it. I'm planning a nice satin black with gloss black metal flake flames and some red and white striping down the center of the fenders and tank.

rustbucket said:
dang, looks great!
all thats needed is an old school maltese cross. gangsta. 8)

Yeah I'm thinking of adding maltese cross pedals!

deorman said:
I think some gloss would go well with that 8) style. Great job!

Thanks!! Believe me the more I ride it the harder it is for me to stick to the plan and paint it satin black with gloss black flaked out flames.

Philphine said:
i like it. it's got a kind of classy look. makes me either want to start over with mine or make a second one with more of that feel.

Glad ya like where I'm going with it!!

Travis said:
Sweet ride! I'd go for a cool, black flake.

Where did you get those license plate bolt lights? I need to get a set of those...

Thanks Travis! You're close, but I'm planning cool, black flake flames!! I picked up the license plate bolt lights from Pep Boys.

That's cool! reminds me of the 2 special Harleys that were built for ZZ Top to go with their Cadzzilla custom '62 Cadillac back in the 90's. Those bikes were painted a deep purple, almost black like the car.

Did you ever post where the fenders and tank came from? I am curious. Looks great!

mmmmmmm, satin black 8)

white_cross said:
very sweet bike

Dev

Thanks!

JLarkin said:
Did you ever post where the fenders and tank came from? I am curious. Looks great!

Glad you like them! I bought the fenders and tank about six years ago from Koast Airbrush. I went there a couple of months ago looking for another set and they don't carry them anymore.

redeyerat said:
mmmmmmm, satin black 8)

LeadSled + satin black = perfect combination!!!

i see that you installed the lic. plate screw lights. if you rather have lights that emits/shine yer plate instead, checkout mooneyes. they have an awesome plate light called "light'n-bolts". ive used it on my ride when i modded my rear hatch w/o the plate section and needed to comply with ca dot.
btw yer in 562, do you have a shop?

"light'n-bolts"
aa030302.jpg

Thanks Rustbucket, but I was more concerned with using the lights for a taillight. The Light 'n Bolts are nice though!!

The Sled got new shoes today!!

100_8854.jpg

100_8866.jpg

Gold Street Customs said:
The bike is very classy , the Impala is Bomb, but what is that peaking out of the garage :?:

Thanks, I'm glad you like what I'm doing with the Sled. My Impala is great ride that I use to carry my cruiser. Last but not least, peeking out of the garage is my '06 Magnum SRT8.

100_0870.jpg

BTW, Rustbucket I do most of my Blessed Motorsports auto accessories business via the internet. Work and installs on my shop cars are performed by me in my home garage.

Erik

Back