The Shore Taxi

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My local bike shop made me a deal i couldn't refuse on a leftover Jamis Taxi frame a while ago. Last year I had it built up as a shore bike...
FILE0293.jpg

Well I was inspired to do a little freshening after seeing Dr Tankenstein's Amsterdam v1
( viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36970 )
So it was back to the lab for a few tweaks and viola- The Shore Taxi
st1.jpg

st3.jpg

st2.jpg

I have to say a few words about the basket. It was a gift, and I am not usually the basket type, but this one won me over. The thing is big, incredibly sturdy and well built. It's made by the Nantucket Bike Basket Company. They may seem pricey, but consider you'll only have to buy one instead of one every couple of months. I'm no lightweight and I swear I could use this as a stool in the workshop! It's a quality item and made to last.

That's great!!! I almost bought one of those baskets for my wife. I got her a Nirve basket at ....'s. Local bike shop Erlton??

clamdigger said:
wickerd ride Bigcam. love it when viola comes to the lab for a few tweaks. takin the shore taxi to the do dah parade?
It'll be one of two that I bring, for sure. 8)

I never thought I'd see a Girvin fork (I always want to spin those fork legs around :roll: ) and a wicker basket on the same bike! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love it dude and I KNOW you'll ride the tires off it!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I never thought I'd see a Girvin fork (I always want to spin those fork legs around :roll: ) and a wicker basket on the same bike! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love it dude and I KNOW you'll ride the tires off it!

Cheers,
Dr. T

At first glance I thought he had put an AMP fork on it and then I realized it was too bulky lookin'. :lol:

Back