The seller says: "It is a prewar Elgin" - Got it !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Is it?

Not sure if it's an Elgin, but those handlebar lights sure do look like Delta Silver Ray lights and are worth more than the bike.

He asked a price, than jump to 500$. Now he thinks he has a 3000$ bike

that's just crazy money for that

which one is crazy? 500 or 3000?

I have the tank and the batteries container plus 2 old padlocks and 2 repair kit and a paper bag

it is a 39 , would have paid 500 anyday for that complete one instead of my naked crooked rust bucket for 15
:113:

Actually I had the money for another bike, but I was working in morning. And than this guy called me to sell two old bikes: an Huffy Omni 10 and an Elgin. I pass the Huffy, but want the Elgin.
This was the bike I had the money for: an 1972-1973 Mondia Special

Which is better deal??

two tub repair kit: Davis and All State
and two padlocks: Pilot and Ilco

The seat post is stuck... I knew I should buy the Mondia...
What should I use?

I keep a 50/50 mix of automatic trans fluid & acetone for breaking stuck parts free. I dispense it from a condiment bottle I bought at the dollar store. It works as well as PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench, but costs much less in the long run...and you'll probably need a lot. Allow it to soak into the joint and perform its magic--reapply often. With luck, things will break free with no damage or scarring.

Some folks like to apply heat from a propane torch to the outer tube, but I prefer to avoid that if I can.

Sweet score!!!!!! Glad you got it man!!!!

Thanks Brian.
I forget the mailman bad attached to the seat post. Don't know how old, but my wife almost threw it in the garbage.

Nice. not bad cool & compleat bike . Hope you didn't have to spend the 3k though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope, a little cheaper.

I took the dual lamp and the battery tube off the bike, I don't want any accidents...

Back