The Schwinn Boys don't like Rats

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slacker said:
I live fairly close to the Pacific Cycle world headquarters. I could leave a flaming bag of poop on their doorstep.

:lol:

What are the odds of a moderator coming out and stepping on it...ha ha!

I guess you had better put a JC Higgins logo on the bag. :wink:

necessaryevil said:
Don't get me wrong, there are some awesome guys on the schwinn site, but the moderators need to get a life. They won't allow Pete (hyperformance) to advertise anymore, probably the best source for Schwinn Stingray/Krate parts ever. They won't allow anything non-Schwinn over there anymore whatsoever. No one is allowed to post links to any other websites either. It's like Stalin came back to life and became chairman of Schwinn.
You mean Schtalinn!! :lol:

lol, I have a great idea. But the plan will require a lot of teamwork, so lets get 30 or 40 so members from this forum and get pictures of crappy Huffys, and then within the same hour, post them all at the Schwinn site. :lol: Lets see how the moderators treat that! :mrgreen:

I used to like the bashing,bickering and bad mouthing on the Schwinn Soap Opera site.

Now you hear crickets in there.

that is a tough one, ya hate to be told not to post, but on the other hand it IS a schwinn site. its like this site preferring to stick to bikes and not pin up girls, there's a site for everything nowadays, nothin wrong with being specific...and nothin wrong with goin to a different page!
by the way, my thanx to this site for being patient w/ my non-rat posts..i.e. gravity bikes!
fast eddie

it may just be me, but if i owned a pacific cycle made (and notice the quotes) "schwinn" and parked it next to my 62' chicago built heavyduty american, id expect the 62' to eat the pac cyco schwinn by morning. :shock:

well i know there your not even supost to link threads to other retail sites. but i think their big beef was that your bike was not a schwinn

I'm pretty sure the changes being enforced have nothing to do really w/mods. They are probably just like the majority of us working stiffs who earn a paycheck by doing what we are told to do.I would have to dissagree (mostly) with the opinion that other bikes are snubbed. I just have not seen enough of that on a regular basis to support it.I think there are two things that are causing all this, bad economy, and bad blood! Pacific would like to have the site they own shout praises about them and only them all day long, what biz. would'nt? Certainly could'nt hurt given the economy :wink:. And there has been far too many negative nay-sayers bashing Pacific cycles and other forum members as well, for a long while now! Trying to improve and promote your image by enforcing existing rules, and asking a few Bullies to leave your house is'nt a sadistic blow to the head to anyone. Maybe an un-welcome kick to the backside :shock:.The bad thing is that due to a corporate decision, made by a dude in a suit who probably has'nt been on a bike in 40 years, a lot of good people are being spanked! As far as people linking to their own sales sites to sell their own goods on the forum, I understand it! You do'nt want a peddler selling his wares for less in your store.They want the promo. they pay for! Later & PEACE!!!!! :|

I think one reason they are down on eBay so bad is the abuse of their name that occurs there. If you go through the eBay "bike parts" list, is seems every other auction title says Schwinn this, or Phantom that. Then, when you go to the auction, the part is not a Schwinn part at all and has nothing to do with Schwinns or Phantoms. On some, they then fess up and say, "Fits Schwinn and others". :roll: If it was my name I'd be mad too. :x And of course, eBay won't do anything about it. B607

It was slow over at Ric's "schwinnbikeforum.com" site up until a few weeks ago. Then BOOM a rush of Schwinn fans start signing up and questions/answers about Schwinn and other bicycles start coming in. I am trying to stay up with all the post, but....So if you have any questions about Schwinn or off brands, please check over there. I hope that it is Okay to post that here boss, I am not going to be kicked off here?? Hehe

I seems that Pacific is taking a lesson from their chinese masters. If you talk bad about us, we censor you. During Obama's inaguation when Obama said something about people standing up for their rights in front of tanks the Chinese pulled the plug on the program. But for every time that happens, it shows others how much of a tyrant you really are.

How about a link to the new Schwinn site? I went there and registered but now my link won't work. B607

It's far perfect, but the Schwinn site (Pacific's, not Ric's) still does have a lot to offer. The down side is the on again, off again moderation and spotty enforcement of the rules*. Consistency is key for moderating a web forum. Draconian enforcement of the rules one day and none the next doesn't make the membership very happy. True, it's their site and they can do what they want with it, but that sort of behavior certainly won't breed any goodwill towards the parent company.

The fundamental difference between the Schwinn (Pacific) site and this one is that RatRodBikes is not a corporate mouthpiece, it's driven by enthusiasts. 'nuff said.

No cars on mars said:
I seems that Pacific is taking a lesson from their chinese masters. If you talk bad about us, we censor you.

Just for the record, Pacific is owned by Dorel Industries, a Canadian company.

-Mp

*Reminds me of another bike related forum I poked around on a few years back that was very nearly destroyed by some very inconsistent moderators. Ah yes, web drama in all it's glory :roll:

It also hurts them a bit when the mods are not participating in conversations...the moderation seems cold then.

The ironic part of it all is that probably 90% of the people using that forum hate the parent company and would bad mouth Pacific in a heartbeat.

They are just sort of locked in because the site gets the traffic and there is also a history of posts racked up.

Hopefully Ric's site will start pulling them in...especially if he can merge the databook site in.

I follow a few different forum sites and hads down the finest content and people are here at Rat Rod Bikes.

I usually will not comment on other sites policies but been holding long enough. :wink: I will just comment on one topic.

Pete (hyper-formance rays) did pay for the rights to sell repo Schwinn products. And the stange part of Pacific removing Pete's sticky is that they put it there in the first place. We all love bicycles so why should it be limited to just Schwinn. When I helped get the BMX forum established at the main Schwinn forum it was clearly stated not just Schwinn BMX. but all BMX. So why wouldn't that attittude flow across all the Pacific forums. If I had stayed this would have been my point of debate. Taking a break for awhile from there. But even that policy from the BMX forum was yanked recently. How is discussion of vintage bicycles regardless of brand going to hurt sales? Most of us don't buy modern (blank). I am still an original "AS" loyalist. I rode "Schwinn to win". Hush, don't tell my English and Trek fans as quite a few of those in my stable.

Wow, that was actually mild and I didn't rant as usual.

PS - "RatRods Rocks !!!"

Back