the rat wife...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my wife wants a bike, so here is a little progress thread...

started off with this bike i got last weekend ($15)

DSC02313.jpg

DSC02314.jpg

stripped the whole thing down... primed, and painted it krylon "ballet slipper" pink...

DSC02423.jpg

(RRBBO rollfast in background... no peeking!)

DSC02425.jpg

found something cool at the craft store...

DSC02427.jpg

transform any color into a pearl...

DSC02426.jpg

more later...

oct.

i'm using an angle grinder with a wire wheel... it blows right through 50 years of paint and rust...

i stopped using the chemical stripper, cause it's a mess, stinks, it's like 6 degrees here and stripper only works at warmer temps, it takes longer, and most importantly... if you are not careful, chemical stripper can come back to haunt you, i.e. it can seep out of cracks and joints, and ruin an otherwise perfect paint job... (no matter how well you clean before painting...)

if you do use the wire wheel, wear eye/face protection, and gloves.
the little wires can fly out...

that will be a sweet looking bike I tried to use that pearl paint before and it didnt work well but I think it had been on the shelf a very long time but it looks like it layed down great for you

yep, thats what im gonna do. going to get the wire wheel now. im gonna get the one for a drill as my angle grinder finally died!

that chemical stuff worked, but its been chilly so it didnt work well

ill make sure and clean it as best as i can.

Great work October! I should try that pearl paint.

Yeah, a grinder with a wire wheel it's the perfect couple for stripping.
If you have any doubt about it look at my build off :)

The pearl really suits the pink. It brings '60s customs to mind.

I'm guessing the pearl spray would work better on the lighter colours rather than the darker ones?

-Mp

imagine my chagrin when i saw "Kat's bike"

this thing is still not done.... tank's not done, just threw it on there to see what it will look like, tank will have graphics, needs a different seat, and some other miscellaneous parts... the light is another one of my conversions like my rrbbo rollfast...

DSC02542.jpg

DSC02545.jpg

:?

Latest posts

Back