The Panther

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an old Schwinn I picked up a couple years ago, it had the original tires and the cardboard battery in the tank and headlight. The tank isn't damaged, but the headlight is rusted thru Delta Rocket Ray needs fixing. The seat was covered with a plastic cover, so the original seat under it was preserved.
2panther.jpg

panther.jpg

Now that is a great find. I love the way it's weathered. Looks like it could use some tires & tubes though. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing (if it were up to me that is).

Sweeeeet!

-Mp

Like Multipass....I agree, the weathered look is very cool.

New tubes, new white walls and have a pro lay some serious striping on that bike and it would look even sweeter.

Oh yeah, a tetanus shot would'nt hurt either. :wink:

I'm with the rest!

Leave well alone.Don't do anything but the rubber and maybe the grips.

RatRods Idea of laying some lines on it is great.A nice White Pin Striping job( Traditional stripes only ) would look killer.

Great bike Gotavan,
Kev.

I LOVE tank bikes!! Thats kinda what got me into bikes in the first place. Man that is really cool, nothing beats the early bikes! They are built really well. Ode to the early fabricators! Ignaz was a genious. Troy

Lawd all-ratty! Oh if Pastor Rat could only lay hands upon it's rusty skin and heal that beauty! Get behind me Shimano! I'm Campus green with envy! Hear my confession fellow ratters. :oops:

Yesterday I put some tires on this bike and took it for a ride. I could not find the headlight, lost in the barn somewhere. The bike is all original, it had a seat cover on it, so the seat is nice , the rest is natural finish from hanging in a barn for many years. The rims were like new on the inside, the battery holder in the tank is shot from leaking batteries.
1pant.jpg

before
9pant.jpg

after new rubber
album of the changing
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v652/ ... r%20rehab/

Great patina Dan. I love it as is...Kelly
beerchug.gif

omg i about fell off my chair when i saw that bike. i have a 52 panther straight bar that is the same color but mine has chrome fenders and is not a skip link. have you date coded that bike yet? i gotta get a few pics of mine it is original paint as well and is the crown jewel of my collection. sadly though i am missing the tank and the rack is wrong so let me know if you ever want to part with them lol.

:shock: DAN THATS AWESOME! I love that bike oh my gosh!

Hey Kelly, add this to the "Why we need to go to Gotavan's house" reasons list!

Dan, that's about about the prettiest "old man bike" I've ever seen!
thanks for posting!
Chainy

Back