"The Over-compensator"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my latest bike designed and assembled by me. The frame was fabricated and painted by Lowlife bikes in Florida. It features a bassboat emerald green flake, 36" Coker rims and tires, a shimano nexus 3 speed rear hub, a Sunshine speed hub in front, a wide Electra saddle.. Truly a hand made jumbo custom, Doesn't qualify for the new build off contest or I'd enter it. I am very happy with the way it rides and it was recently debuted at the Doo Dah Parade in Pasadena. Look for it in upcoming shows in Nor Cal and in So Cal.

003-11.jpg

005-16.jpg

004-13.jpg

Easter2003.jpg

Re: "The Over-compesator"

nice looking ride! lowlife does some great work(as always) :mrgreen:
uhhhhhhh.........just noticed those are those 36" wheels :shock: even better!

Re: "The Over-compesator"

Being followed by T-Flo on his Basman
doodah3.jpg

doodah2.jpg

That's a yellow 26" O.M. Flyer BMX
doodah1.jpg

DooDahweekend030-1-1.jpg

I WANT THOSE WHEELS!!!!!! great bike.

Love this bike....great lines and paint.

It's hard to tell how the proportions of the bike look until you see someone on it....great design!

Great bike, Love it.

Did you have to buy the whole bike from Coker to get the wheels or can you just buy the wheels?

dos cruiser said:
Great bike, Love it.

Did you have to buy the whole bike from Coker to get the wheels or can you just buy the wheels?

Their website says the sell wheels, tires, tubes, rimstrips laced with a 3-speed for $300.

Love the bike! It definitely make it's presence known...cool!

GREAT bike!.......Finally a bike that can make me look 50lbs. thinner......I want one.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
As I am more accustomed to 24"/26" wheels, the 36" look even more awe-inspiring.
But the whole components looked as if they were made for each other.
Cool! I like it! 8) 8) 8)

Thank you for all the compliments... It has been a dream of mine the past 4 years to build this bike. I was fortunate to have a friend in Arizona who found the wheel set on CL for $150. They were both single speed rears when I got them. I had to buy one tire, tube, and rim strip from Cokercycle.com. The Zoom forks are off of the chrome West coast chopper bike and were shortened only 3 inches. The saddle, handlebars, the rear hub, and shifter, I bought from a friend at the Electra warehouse here in San Marcos. All the other parts were purchased through Bulletproof Custom Bikes from FNR.com. Total Build cost is close to $1200. 3/4 of the expense is in the frame and paint. Worth every penny I might ad.... Hit up [email protected] and have him build you one. Thank you to the creator, moderators of this page, and all my fellow custom bicyclers out there. "Keep on Peddling"

i like it. i was just mentioning seeing one of those big cruisers in the weird things at the bike shop thread and someone posted a pic for me. now i want one.

nice build i got the chance to ride next to this bike at the Doo Dah parade it is "HUGE" it make 26" bikes look like 20" bikes

DSC03410.jpg

Another great 'Dero Bike! You made a heck of a choice on this build! Gary is awesome at building frames. That frame style and those tires compliment each other very well. How's it ride? Do the larger tires present any differences over the normal ones? Such as turning, stopping or possibly going up a hill? I gotta imagine speed is NO problem!
Thanks,
Chainy

Chainsaw said:
Another great 'Dero Bike! You made a heck of a choice on this build! Gary is awesome at building frames. That frame style and those tires compliment each other very well. How's it ride? Do the larger tires present any differences over the normal ones? Such as turning, stopping or possibly going up a hill? I gotta imagine speed is NO problem!
Thanks,
Chainy

Thanks Chainsaw, Gary is a true artist with steel and paint . This is my second Low Life one off frame and I'm sure not my last. As far as it's ride... The dimensions worked out real well cause Gary and I have the same height and inseam.. I can stand up over the bike above the seat and not be on it. The wheels are not so big that it's hard to throw a leg over or ride. Surprisingly it doesn't ride much different than most bikes. The front forks being right over the center of the wheel allow for really sharp turns, but the overall wheel base does reduce it's turning radius. After the parade the last week we rode about 3 miles between bars and back to the motel. I was able to go up hills (nothing crazy steep) and ride comfortably. I haven't had any issues with stopping. The 33 tooth sprocket in front works well with the tire size, Although I am considering a 65 tooth to boost it's overall downhill acceleration.

Cheers,
Junior

See this bike and a few of my others at the Sacramento Cyclefest July 18th 2010.

Back