THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Stopped by my local resale shop today after I dropped off all of the international T-Shirts and saw a bunch of junkers parked outside for sale.

When I went inside I saw this parked inside with a SOLD sign stuck to it. :x

It was probably brought in yesterday and sold this morning....within the hour that I arrived. (note sudden eye twitch)

I couldn't believe it, you never see this old of a bike at the resale. Notice the skip tooth chain.

They usually don't ask more than $25 for their bikes. We'll see how long it takes to show up on CraigsList. :roll:

100_5711.jpg

I hate that kind of thing. Right now I'm ruing my decision, about 2 years ago, to leave an old single speed track bike, purple with green pinstripes, on the side of the road because it was 'just another diamond frame' - I'm an idiot! I had another at that point in time, and when I thinned out my stash I gave it away. 24 months later and I want to build a single speed diamond frame, and I am repeatedly kicking my own ....!

well it looks pre war and that chain guard looks a lot like a colson. ever since i got into old bikes i have wanted one of those. too bad been there before myself and you just cant beat yourself up they will come to you. heck the other day my friend gave me a brooks seat.

It was funny because I'm so used to seeing beat up cheapo mountain bikes there and kids 16" and 20" bikes by the pile that I glanced quickly at it and thought....ahhh, I missed an old Murray cruiser.

Then something in my mind clicked and I turned and looked again and saw the second bar in the frame and I thought....wait a minute. Then I saw the sprocket and thought...OH MAN!

Makes me want to stop by there every day now on my way home. :lol:

man how many times that has happend to all of us...just today I had to walk pass a vintage 50's schwinn wasp.

He was asking 150 for it...look good in the picture but I just do not have the cash right now. Why is it all the great deals come just after you arrive or when you have no money :cry:

Latest posts

Back