The old man's Christmas present "Rat Fink"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to build the old man a Rat Fink themed cruiser for Christmas. I bought a Schwinn Jaguar for 30 bucks off of Craigslist (forgot to take a picture before I took it apart). Below is the Frame.

IMG_5891.jpg

I wanted to lower it. So the plan was to cut out small sections on the bottom bar connected to the neck and the bottom of the seatpost and just bend it back and reweld.

IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_5902.jpg

Well that did not work. So I ended up cutting the whole thing out.

IMG_5904.jpg

IMG_5905.jpg

I then welded it in where I thought that I wanted it. But when I put the new tires on it did not work, because the seatpost was rubbing on the tire.

IMG_5913.jpg

I then cut out the original seat post and added a new one that is longer and sat differently so that it did not rub on the back wheel.

IMG_5915.jpg

So after a lot of bondo and grinding to make my welds look presetable I created this...

IMG_5923-1.jpg

I had AZ Powder Coating do the rims. I was going to have them powder coat the frame as well, however since I had to bondo a lot of my screw ups, I just rattle canned it flat black with a Matte Clear Coat. It cant wait to do another one.

The only thing I am struggling with now, is whether or not I should put some Rat Fink decals on it or not. Any suggestions on that are appreciated.

Nice build, now your build is giving me a bad idea. I have that same frame out back, but in a 20" Boys. So let the copping begin, if thats ok??

Sinner4 said:
Nice build, now your build is giving me a bad idea. I have that same frame out back, but in a 20" Boys. So let the copping begin, if thats ok??

Absolutey, ok. Let us know how it turns out and what you do to improve upon it.

Back