The NEXT Blood clot.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a late model cruiser from a guy here in town. As I was loading it up, he said "I have another one just like it, only blue, you can have it for the same price" When I saw it I told him it wasn't just like the other one, it's ugly, I don't want it. He begged, and pleaded for me to buy it, so I did. I was going to sell or trade it, but it just sat in the corner, until now. The only hint I'll give away now is the color, blood red. I'm going out to start on it now. Dean
100_0317.jpg

Today I swapped out the forks, built fenders, tried out a couple of different handle bars, bead blasted the chain guard, and tried out the tires I want to use. Then I sat in the chair to look at it, and fell asleep. I think the hardest thing about this is going to be removing all the decals. Oh, and the seat post is stuck. Dean

I am VERY interested in seeing what people can do to ugly new cruiserbikes. I think with the right touch one can make em beautiful. If it can be done to boring ATB's and boring diamondframes, it definately can be done to ugly new cruisers. Your's not so ugly by the way... Looking forward to see what you come up with.
Good luck!

Thanks. The picture I have of it in my head is pretty cool looking. The worst thing about new bikes in my opinion, is the front forks, I hate them. That was the first thing I changed.

you always have very detailed builds dean. cant wait to see whatcha come up with!!! good luck!

Easy E

Worked on it some more tonight. Brazed on the fender supports, tried another set of handle bars, still not sure what I'm going to use. I changed the seat. The one on it was off a girls bike, and it was HUGE! I guess they do that because girls have big butts. :lol: Now it's time to tear it down for paint. Dean

Well I was looking forward to having a 4 day weekend, but now it looks like I'm unemployed again. No big deal, it was a temp job that paid slightly more than unemployment. Had a little disagreement with the supervisor. I won't post the details as this isn't the place for it. I'm glad it's over. I'd rather be unemployed, than underemployed. Now I need to get this bike done! YEEEHAA!!!!!!! Dean

Today I stripped it down to the bare frame. I bead blasted some more small parts. Most of it is ready to prime, then paint. I haven't touched the frame yet. I've decided to use paint stripper on it because of all the decals. I want to try and finish it this weekend, something always seem to come up though. I have my lacquer primer mixed up in the gun, and I bought 3 cans of paint in spray bombs from Lowes. I have the seat narrowed down to 2 choices, I'm going to recover it, so I will pick the easiest one to do.

Wow top secret, your sneeky!! lol its lookin cool, keep it up and maybe we'll get to see it here someday?

Is the silver guard a HINT of where you're going with the color?.....Always liked the lines of those frames.

Edit: DUH!.......Just realized the name is BLOOD clot.

KOTA said:
Is the silver guard a HINT of where you're going with the color?.....Always liked the lines of those frames.

Edit: DUH!.......Just realized the name is BLOOD clot.
The silver guard is bead blasted. That might be the color of a future build, with a satin clear coat, maybe. This one will be blood red. I was hoping to paint some of it today, but the stepson needed some help with a metal fence he is building for someone else. He needs to build 15 8' panels. It took him 3 days to build 3. I welded together 5 in 4 hours today. Tomorrow I will be in Springfield MO for the NSRA show, so maybe tomorrow night I can prime a few pieces. Dean

I painted the fenders, the front sprocket, the handle bars, and the chain guard. The chain guard didn't come out very nice, so I will be stripping it back down. I bought aircraft grade paint stripper for the frame, and it won't touch the paint. It barely softened the decals. I might have to have it sandblasted. Not much else to report, except the fence panels are done.

Well I made some progress today. I bit the bullet, and striped the frame with a wire wheel, on my angle grinder. It cleaned up rear nice, and only took about an hour. I primed the frame, chain guard (for the second time) and the wheels. I was able to paint the back side of the chain guard too. I hope to paint the frame and wheels tomorrow, along with the other side of the chain guard. Dean

Ever have something that fights you every step of the way? That's this bike. Yesterday the frame fell off the hangers, and bent the bottom bracket. I had just put the final coat of primer on it. Today I woke up to a windy day, not great for paintihg. The chain guard didn't survive, after the third paint job screwed up, I beat the crap out of it, and turned it into scrap metal. I'm deciding if I want to cut the brackets off the frame, or fit another one to it. I did get paint on the wheels though, I think they will be ok. Dean

Latest posts

Back