the new guy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100_2363.jpg
/img]hello, my names royce (40ish) i live in lowell, indiana. found this site by accident, looking to see if anyone else was building rat bikes like i was, happy i found it..started building/collecting bikes by accident too, a buddys mom gave me one for giving her son a ride to work, a nice cruiser.then it seemed like every time a went any where i would find one or two in the trash, on the side of the road, at the flea market,.....etc...anyway could'nt believe how many good bikes i wound up with, had about 30-35 all in the garage/house(living room)..well to make a long story short, got layed off october of '08 and had been selling off my ''collection'' on craigs list and ebay.... all the ''good ones''....but things are a little better now , and i've got a lot of free time, so out of all the bins of parts i still had hoarded , i started puting together some bikes just to kill some time, had always tinker'd with stuff..cars/ motorcycles/gocarts.. then bikes, as the money got ''smaller'' then so do the projects...i've got 17 bikes now, some that i think people here will enjoy looking at, i know i do .. i'll try to post pics as soon as i can thanks royce

welcome :mrgreen:
I think I almost got an Elgin from you...Member Skipton ended up with it!! :D :D

yeah, saw it in his build off pics, tried writing him , but i think because i was'nt on the info page yet, he thought it was someone else????

WELCOME!

Yep This Elgin
fender030.jpg

Royce Welcome!
Glad you posted a intro. I did PM you back did it not work? I am restarting work on Elgin this weekend.
maybe us chicago/northwest Indiana guys can get together for a ride before summer is over

BTW Royce has a garage full of cool stuff :mrgreen:

i really liked that bike and wish i could have done something with it myself but glad it went to somebody who'll make it better and not turn it into yard art :lol: :lol: :lol: my parents live downtown 15th and state, maybe we could get together and ride lakeshore dr. always wanted to but never have. wanted to go from grant st. to north ave beach some day 8) 8) 8) rat rods on the lake front ! :lol: :lol:

Back