The Murray "Motobike" motorbike this is my "baby"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my first motorbike that I built. It is a 50's Murray with a briggs and stratton WMB engine from the 30's or 40's. The springer is from a Shelby, the tanks is whizzer as is the rear wheel pulley. it has "Indian" motorcycle grips! I covered the seat with dear leather, has heavy spokes. This bike will run 35mph, a great in town motorbike. This thing gets more looks going down the street than a Harley!!!
100_4085.jpg
100_4086.jpg
100_4087.jpg

Yeah, I do need to do that. It probably won't happen too soo, it is 20degrees w/snow on the ground here. Thanks for the compliment!

Great build! FYI...if you want that springer "nose" to level out and look more streamlined, just flip the bracket that is on the head tube that holds the back of the spring. I have a couple of Shelbys with that particular fork and you can play around with them more than you might think. HOWEVER....if that is the look you were aiming at, please disregard this suggestion. Really like seeing this springer on a "Whizzer" either way! 8)

that bike looks like a blast!!!

can you post pictures of the other side?? id love to see the giant pully set up

Hello, you should get a bent back seat post and drop that seat down almost to the rear tire. Very nice build.
Sean

here is the clutch side. it is a manual slip clutch, you pull the clutch lever and the small pulley in the middle releases pressure and the belt slips at a stop. let out the clutch, and away you go! a friend of mine came up with this design, we run it on our whizzers too. works flawless!!!
101_4153.jpg

Latest posts

Back