The MickyD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Back in ’70-’71, I’d ride my crappy off-brand muscle bike over to our local Mcdonalds for some junk food. I had sawed off the ends of my forks and jammed some tubes in. It looked and rode like crap, but I thought I was the next Einstein for coming up with the idea.

One day I pull up to MickyDs and there before my eyes are 2 raked out and chopped up bikes that looked like a pro did them up. The fork tubes were right up against the headtube, not jammed in like mine. The headtubes even looked raked out. The seats were low and raked out. I bet these kids had a dad who was a welder or bodyman. I recall looking in the restaurant to spot the two who owned them, and seemed that the kids looked as kool as the bikes.

Mine starts out with a standard Huffy cruiser frame. Gonna throw on the hangmens sissy bar out back. I fabed up some sissy bar tabs so the bar is raked backwards parallel to the fork. I saw this kool girder on FB and tracked it to Paul Wackowski who's also on RRB. He's got all his builds on his FB page, Wacko's garage:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wackos-G ... 28?fref=ts

We got to talking about him building me a girder similar to one he built before.

So here's my homage to the wild chops I saw back in the early 70s.

The Huffy

my idea oh how it'll look

sissy bar in place

sissy powdercoated

That's just bad to the bone! Nice work man. :shock:

This is just oozing with '70s cool!

The BWs were definitely the way to go and WOW great work from 'Wacko's Garage'!
Paul is an awesome guy and was a contributor to the first auction bike.

Any chance you could reproduce this pic, now that the bike is finished? It's got RRB Facebook Bike of the Day written all over it!

PICT0116_zps9764042b.jpg

Cheers guys!
Dr. T

Back