THE LAKESTER Updated mockup pictures on page two

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I'm going to call the lakester right off the salf flates. I have a picture of how it sets right now and a photo shop of what I'm going to try to make it look like let me know what you think or if you have any ideas thanks this is my first build for on this board I hope this is fitting. iWISH THERE WAS A BUILD OFF i COULD JOIN but it looks like it ends too soon for me to get this done but we will see

bikes111.jpg

bikes112.jpg

Re: THE LAKESTER

are those real moondiscs?? I've heard they're pretty rare and expensive... The first custom-cruiser I noticed some 15 years ago was fitted with moondiscs and I thought it was awesome. That bike was the one that fired my interest in cruisers and custom bikes...

good luck with the build.

herr_rudolf said:
are those real moondiscs?? I've heard they're pretty rare and expensive... The first custom-cruiser I noticed some 15 years ago was fitted with moondiscs and I thought it was awesome. That bike was the one that fired my interest in cruisers and custom bikes...

good luck with the build.

I dont know how rare they are or not I got them over 10 years ago when I first built this bike the first time. I started this bike on paper and with full fenders off a HD I had. I wanted a cool looking HD bike not like the ones they where selling at the time. When I drew it the biks scetch didnt have spokes. Well a smart A friend of mine pointed out at the time that it had no spokes. I said yeah soo I think it looks cool and he said well I wouldnt be able to do that. Thats when I found the moon disc and the rest is history. They where like $300 at the time I dont know if you can still get them or not I havent looked

Yeah buddy... Freakin killer

you can still get the moon discs. i can try and stick a link in here later once i get home. there's also a german site that has black plastic ones. hoping to get a set for my rear wheel myself.

i like it.that's a look i've sort of backed into. someone on another forum said it looked like i was buildin the worlds fastest burrito, so i've been playing with it as a side idea.

Here are the wheels I just got done with them but I think I might go with the more square flame tires like what I put on the back wheel I wasnt sure thats why they have one of each. I was going to go with one of each but now I think I would like them both that way. I have the tires so its just picking one LOL

bikes11.jpg

bighit said:
still $300. http://www.mooneyesusa.com/bicycle-moon-disc-p-479.html

you beat me to using them on a build. i was going to use them on my roll fast tandem.

$300 is insane...
Gorgious, ...but insane.

Man, I would love to have em on a future build. I'm stil figuring out how to make cheap fake ones. I have this idea but never tried:
A plastic wheeldisc (although pricey also, imho) sanded gently while spinning the wheel to create the tipical spun-grooves that are so characteristic on the aluminum ones. Then spray it with chrome. Problem is... Plastic discs seem a bit wobly. Well worth trying sometime.

bighit said:
still $300. http://www.mooneyesusa.com/bicycle-moon-disc-p-479.html

you beat me to using them on a build. i was going to use them on my roll fast tandem.

here are the german ones.

http://www.classic-cycle.de/oxid.php/si ... ttype/list

about $80 shipped to the u.s. the shipping nearly doubles the price, but i can't find a site anywhere here with them. on my bike the rear disc is a big part of compleating the look so i'll have to get one or the other eventually.

sweet man! i think you should have bars that are on those brackets, on the forks. two pieces, angled back so you dont kill yourself trying to grab for them.

Thanks guys I hope it turns out I got the forks painted last night and the tank striped this morning. I was thinking salt or bust on the front forks but now I think I might do "Bonneville or Bust" The only problem is that that is so many letters I dont know how they will fit. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I just want to keep the bonneville salt flates lakester theme. You never know I might even take it there for kicks when I'm done LOL is sure would make some cool pictures.. I will get some pictures of the progress up later today

Latest posts

Back