The King of Cowley County has left the building.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The King of Cowley County

Stop by and see if I might have anything you need.... bars seat etc....

Thanks for the offers, fellas. I really don't know what I am looking for until I see it. I am going to do some floating through the galleries and see if I can find some inspiration. When I do I will take you guys up on your offer to come root around through your stashes.

Looks like a good start to me!!

The leaf spring fork idea is out. I had a vision of a springer come to me in a dream last night. The dream was kinda weird with Jerry Garcia riding on a giant lion and LBJ on the can talking to me. :shock:

But the fork, oh the glorious fork!

dude i got jerry garcia in a bag man!!!!

I hope to get the Garcia finished up after work tonight so I can start shooting some paint on it tomorrow morning. Also have to replace the the axle on my front wheel, the threads are all boogered up on one side and I hoped to be able to clean it up. If I can't find the right axle in my parts bins or extra wheels the I might have to go with another hub. I do so like drum brakes...

Re: The King of Cowley County with Garcia Springer

i've been following this build closely and i have to say i loved the bike. but ya lost me with the garcia springer,
that scares the heck outta me (on your behalf)

that metal looks real thin (1/8"???), you sure its not gonna twist the first time ya really lean into it?

I am going to be watching it closely the first few rides. It is tool grade steel and seems OK so far. I am prepared to call this a "proof of concept" and make any changes that might be needed.

I woke up early this morning (for me anyway) to the sound of rain on the roof so I knew painting was out. When I woke up again at a more normal hour I went to play with my fork. After studying how the fork moves and reacts to forces from different angles I decided to move the drop out back 3" or 4" to put physics back in my corner. I will snap some pics tomorrow of the changes and hopefully it will be dry enough to paint.

Back