the 'hood cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry the pics aren't more stylish. not a lot of interesting places to take a pic near my house

Picture170.jpg

Picture168.jpg

Picture169.jpg

Picture167.jpg

the obvious sore thumb is the seat. i haven't figured out how to upholster it yet. there's also a few other bit and piece things i want to do but i took pics anyway before the paint starts chipping.

so that's one done. i have another frame painted (the bagger) but i'm still getting parts together

i scrape it nearly every time i ride it. one reason i kept this frame (besides it being mine already for quite a few years) is i got the ground clearance too low. i actually have about 5 bikes made this way for family memebers (trying to make one for each of my siblings and their signifigant others), but figured i'd better keep this one for myself since it was so low. they're all low but this one is the lowest.

the front wheel is actually a back wheel that takes a spin on freewheel. the disc is from an old ten speed from around the 70's (i think?). the disc spins on like a freewheel. it's actaully kind of wide being it's a rear wheel that can take a cluster, but it works ok.

Back