The heart attack (riding pics)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The heart attack

I'm hopeing to build some kind of a fork ,with the raliegh fork I have modified. That will be later in the build. I tried a bent tube like the top one and it looks like a Colson and God knows I have enough of that look around here. For now I'm going to leave it open.....I like Kota's giant g string. With the way the front is higher ,another bar is kind of distracting on the design of the frame. :roll: I thought with the other tube from the seat down looked kinda barn doorish. :cry:

Hey Stretch how you liking this weather? We lost power yesterday for 5 hours right as the front hit us! We had water spouts dancing on the leading edge of the CF 50 yard off the end of my pier. The wind was blowing so hard out of the North I thought my 10X14 roll-up door was going to cave in and it's got Hurricane Clips built into it. I think its 60 right now but with the 25mph gust it feels more like 48 degrees. What happen to fall? It went from heck hot to "I'm just a meat popsicle" cold over night.

I'm procrastinating I really should be in my shop working right now. I'll just use the torch for a few minutes, that should warm me up inside! :wink:

Later T

I think its fantastic. It blew a little here as it came through. Mostly drizzley rain. Should save a few bucks on electricity though. You know Texas weather ...It will be in the 90's by next week. I was ready for some cooler weather. Been sweating in the shop with the air on. Everytime I weld some I have to vent the smoke and it takes all the cold air out. I love it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait a minute, why is H E L L considered a bad word? I've got to draw the line in the sand on this one! I think all the little children on this forum need to know and have a healthy respect for what H E L L is! I'm using it as an adjective to describe heat because H E L L is the hottest place I've been to and I don't want to go back there, ever!

So come on fellas do it for the kids, Its for the kids!

Later T

I think for me it was inside a cat cracker . Lets see somewhere around Old Ocean. Its was cooled down enough to work for 15 minutes.It was so hot the extension cords caught on fire....the bottoms of our boots would melt and you had to wear these wooden shoes .....been there. :wink: So for and eternity..no thanks ...I will be good.

Ok a little more done. I have the back triangle and dropouts tacked on and a little better picture. Once again forgive the destroyed yard....chinch bugs...pooie. Should have everthing welded and ground down by this evening....slept in...eeeek

withdropouts001.jpg

Well heading for the end run on this one. Stuck my jig table back together...looks like I'm going to build frames again. :shock: All thats left to do to this one is build some bars, and a seatpost clamp and then it's on to bondo and paint.....gee that was quick. What kinda of buildoff is next?

seatadded004.jpg

Man I love that frame......beautiful work :mrgreen:

Well I stuck a crank in it and did the ol hang on to something and pedal. It felt good. Figured out my choice in tires and bars. Got several small things to do and then its on to paint. Glad everybody likes it so far. It should be really comfortable everything felt right. :roll:

3back001.jpg

i was hoping you`d throw some big rubber on that rascal! :D great looking build as always. :mrgreen:

Hey Mark most of my builds I dont like once they are finished ,because I have looked at them so much . I really didnt like this one from the start ,but the more I do to it the more I like it. It surpassing my expectations. I love the big tires and everything fits really well together. I was going to copy a Basmen for my next trick but I'm may not now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey Jon I know you like big tires. I just dont have all the other expensive goodies .

Well you would know it. We havent had rain for 3 months and now is an everyday deal. I'm sanded and ready to paint. :cry: :cry: :cry: Did change to chrome rims ,because the 7 speed nexus's I have are laced to chrome and this bike looks like it will be a keeper ,so it has to have speeds. Still working on a shifter. Sorry about the blurry picture....maybe my shop was shaking. :shock: EARTHQUAKE!!!! Naw

nexus001-1.jpg

Well since the monsoon season is still here and I can't paint , I decided to work on my shifter. It was one of those click kind and you just push it forward to go up a gear and back to go down one. It was a simple melt the rubber thumb part off and slide a small piece of stainless tubing on the selector. I bolted it to the frame. It was hard to find a good location where it wouldnt look too out of place , but at least that is done. :lol: Moving right along

shifter002.jpg

The bigger tires really make the bike look cool now.....love the new shifter too!

Man Clancy I'm stuck on a fork build . There are just a few choices. Springer or variation of it...or something with a leaf spring. A girder would be nice ,but they are so bulky once you get one built. I thought I could come up with some cool ...nobody has done before something or other, but it hasent happened yet. :roll: :roll:

Thanks Steve I think for the style of frame it needed some big tires too. The small ones really didnt work. :wink:

Back