the free schwinn...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my friend got this today, for free...

the story is:

this bike has been on the roof of a local bike shop, for like 20 years...
the last bad storm we had, it got blown off the roof. he saw it parked outside, and asked if he could have it.... those are rope lights, electrical taped all over it...

DSC02554.jpg

tonight we got it down to just the frame, but it has it's eccentricities. the seat post would not budge (more on that later) and they welded the stem and head set nuts to the head tube so it would not turn, so the fork is pretty much toast...(i think we can get it out though)

oct.

razzerx said:
Your gonna need a pretty long extention cord.

Naaa, just go bluetooth wireless. It is the 21st century after all.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Looks like a DX frame made into a Jeepney!

-Mp

Dam it hooch everytime i see that bike it makes me want it! I love it.

Hooch,

hey man, swet ride, looks alot like the Rollfast I'm turning into a clunker..
After seeing yours I'm kinda sais i painted it, yours looks burly! I took mine out for a spin on the rusty frame rims and parts and people were jumping outta my way, it was great they though tI was going to crash any second!...........

Here are some more pics of the free schwinn
freebike.jpg
free2.jpg

More pics to come as project goes on.....

that seat post was a chore to remove...

it seemed like it was welded in there with rust.

we tried everything...

ended up drilling a small hole in the bottom of the bottom bracket, hammered a steel rod through til it came out of the top of the post, then welded the rod to the top of the post, and pounded it out from the bottom.

the hole was then welded up and ground down, you would never know it was there...

then mr. lincoln sandblasted the frame...

paint?

nice...

i gotta say, it looks like a pretty .... good paint job, for your first shot!

i really like the color...

hope my advice was of any help...

i can see some white detailing on there...

it already looks better than when it was on that roof!

you know we're going to have to go back to the shop and show it off once it's done... :wink:

Thanks October yeah im sure i could have done better with it but hey its the first sooo i dont care i'll be the one riding it HA! Ernies into he likes it

Latest posts

Back