The Fix Now with riding video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Fix

Ok got my front rim painted and the tire on. I kinda stuck it together to get an
idea of what its going to look like. Still have to hook up the nexus shifter. So far I'm pretty happy.

DSCF0002-94.jpg

DSCF0004-32.jpg

DSCF0006-11.jpg

Thanks Wimpy it turned out a little better than I had hoped it would. It rides good.
Bars are a little short but I will find some or make a set.

It does look awesome.

Figured you'd have painted it orange so it would match the truck. :wink:

I probably still will. I had a couple cans of black and I was all dirty and didn't want to run to Ace for orange.
I wanted a black base to tone the orange down some. Today it all clouded up like we were going to get a monsoon
and I decided to put it together. I will probably get some paint and go orange this next week. Wanted to see how
it rode with the wide front tire. Glad you like it.

Ok I took some 7/8'' pipe and built a set of handle bars. They look kinda long and flaky, but they are really
comfortable. So sometimes its a toss up between really cool looking or really comfortable. I think I'm
going with comfortable. :D
DSCF0001-98.jpg

DSCF0002-95.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
Ok I took some 7/8'' pipe and built a set of handle bars. They look kinda long and flaky, but they are really
comfortable. So sometimes its a toss up between really cool looking or really comfortable. I think I'm
going with comfortable. :D
DSCF0001-98.jpg

DSCF0002-95.jpg
I really really dig this bike!!! BTW the bars dont look out of place and it looks super comfortable to ride.. 8) 8)

I have been doing this a while and the Schwinn seat is the most comfortable one made. It is my choice on all my
bikes. They are $25 at Target and you have to find a store that has them , but they make your rear smile. :wink: I
have 4 of them. I hate that they say Schwinn on them.

Big Daddy I'm glad you like the build. Its becoming one of my favorites. I can't wait to put the gear shifter on. Its
in high gear without it. :shock:

jackdaw said:
What's wrong with the bars? Classic, from my view.

A little long a little wide and not chromed if you listen to my wife. I put the chrome ones
back on. I may do the add 3'' under the grips trick to them. They are just a little short.
If you try to buy some on ebay they rarely tell you the dimensions. Hard to find what
you want.

looks great(im with RatRod on the seat though!) and the bars look better than the first set since they actually fit the bike better(others looked to stubby for the seat positioning) as for them being black tell her the old favorite...
"CHROME WONT GET YA HOME!"
looking forward to seeing the next one :mrgreen:

Sensor I haven't even finished this one and your wanting to see the next one. :shock:
Everybody dosen't like the seat and I will admit its not the most beautiful thing
but if you take a chance and buy one, you will think man I can ride forever. I went
out and bought three more. Had to drive quite a ways to find them too. Sometimes ugly is best. :wink:

This is my rider , so it will probably stay here. I have the least amount of money in it.
This was a real cheap build. Probably less than $150 total. Glad you like it GSC. Here is the complementary picture for this page so nobody gets bored looking. :wink:
DSCF0001-100.jpg

What size is the inside of you steer tube? I may have a black stem to replace that stamped stem.

Not sure Clancy I will have to take it off and look.

Boy Steve that is a wild looking seat. How comfortable is it?

Got my shifter put on. Its one of those 333 ones I think. Works good except when you shift from one to two
you kinda have to fiddle with it a bit. Not a biggie and its right there where you want it.
DSCF0002-96.jpg

DSCF0001-101.jpg

Looks nice...the shifter looks good too! :D

On the seat....it's from one of the new 2012 Felt cruisers. I won it on Ebay last week with the intention of installing it on the Mooneyes cruiser.

It just showed up in the mail today so I haven't installed it yet. Some motorized bike builder out in California has been listing them on Ebay as new bike take offs.

Yeah its a nice seat. I like comfort now that I'm getting older. Days of those pretty Brooks are over with.
I would almost tie a pillow on there.
I can't believe hardly anybody gives the dimensions of handle bars. You would think that might be
important to someone. The only ones I found on Ebay that actually had a measurement were $40 ish shipped
That is crazy. Well I will keep looking. Silly nerve won't even list the size of theirs. What are they thinking.

Back