====~THE FAIRBANK FLYER~==== * Now With *New* Engine Sound *

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ====~THE FAIRBANK FLYER~====

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Top notch build, buddy! :p

Thanks very much Schwinnray!

Ok little update. The truss rods are done and ready to go on the bike.Here is how they turned out.

IMG_1237.jpg

6a274bd7.jpg

1c28fe13.jpg

a02d9546.jpg

Time to rust them up a bit :mrgreen:

79649758.jpg

12eb92e6.jpg

6f6ba142.jpg

ecda7016.jpg

c1a8379d.jpg

e10a4b7a.jpg

7365a6e2.jpg

fd0c4232.jpg

All dry and ready to fit!

561e18c1.jpg

8cfdfd85.jpg

Fender pics coming soon!

So the fender is coming along. A few pics of it being painted.

A light sand all over.
IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

Laying on the texture. I have left some of the little dings and dents, it thing it will add to the bike and when I do the staining it means I can put some darker rusty spots in them.

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

Grey going on.

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

It's now ready and waiting for staining, which I can start on tomorrow. Truss rods and handle bars going on tomorrow!

It's coming together... bit by bit :D

Been busy again today.I didn't manage to get the stain done on the fender, but I did get the front end done!

I got the truss rods and front wheel on and lined up.Handle bars are now on!

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

I painted and rust effected all the head set, nuts and bolts.

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

I did tone down the rust on the truss rods, as it was a little too dark compared to the frame and forks. I think it looks much better now.
Its looking nice.

How it looks at the moment.

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

I will try and get the fender done tomorrow.

:)

Cool to see it start to come together!

Yeah,Man :!: That's coming out nice 8) 8)

Peatbog said:
Someday, somewhere, someone is going to get that bike, decide they want to restore it, and they'll start to try to de-rust it and then it will freak them out.

Brilliant! :D

bike2112 said:
I can't get enough of this bike. The lines and the paint technique are simply awesome!!!!!

Thanks man! Really appreciate that. :)

char said:
Peatbog said:
Someday, somewhere, someone is going to get that bike, decide they want to restore it, and they'll start to try to de-rust it and then it will freak them out.

Ditto, I was thinking the same thing!

tin machine said:
Great work ,love the aging you have done ' bike has a mean look to it ' I like it 8)

+1 One word for this build, "SWEET!" 8)

Your bike is awesome. I'm trying to find the time to paint mine and you've painted everything on your bike like what, 4 or 5 times! That's dedication. Nice work.

MazdaFlyer said:
char said:
Peatbog said:

Ditto, I was thinking the same thing!

:D

tin machine said:
Great work ,love the aging you have done ' bike has a mean look to it ' I like it 8)

Thank you. Yeah I'm pleased with how it looks so far. It does have nice mean look to it doesn't it. Hopefully the tank and oil tank will give it an even meaner look :)

pick said:
tin machine said:

+1 One word for this build, "SWEET!" 8)

Thanks man! :mrgreen:

Ape Stanger said:
Your bike is awesome. I'm trying to find the time to paint mine and you've painted everything on your bike like what, 4 or 5 times! That's dedication. Nice work.

Thanks :) Yeah it's taken a while to paint it all, trying to get it to look just right.It will be worth it in the end. Been painting the fender today, i'll get some pictures up soon!

largek9 said:
Char you are the "Master of Patina" your technique and workmanship is fantasic ! :) Tom

Thanks very much Tom! Very kind of you :)

The back fender has now been stained and dry brushed. Here are a few pictures of rusting it up.

IMG_1322.jpg

Drying
IMG_1326.jpg

Dry and after a little dry brush.

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

I have put one coat of lacquer on this afternoon, just before it started to rain. So i'll do a second coat tomorrow. Then I should be able to fit it to the bike!

Back