the durability of a painted wheel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you guys mounted hand brakes on wheels you've painted yourself? If so, how well does the paint hold up after extended usage of the brake?

-nuts n' bolts

i would assume unless your running a drum brake you will lose all your precious paint in a good 2 hours of riding :p powder coat maybe but that is not really conventional for a rim, i would say see about finding a anodized rim if its a simple color.

if you choose to spray them with a gun. there is a teflon additive you can put in the paint. its main use is aircraft flaps. it will scratch but it don't come off very easy. even sanding with 80 grit it is a bear to get off. check local body shops if you don't have a gun. painters like beer and money so i'm sure you can work somthing out

Upper Class White Trash said:
if you choose to spray them with a gun. there is a teflon additive you can put in the paint. its main use is aircraft flaps. it will scratch but it don't come off very easy. even sanding with 80 grit it is a bear to get off. check local body shops if you don't have a gun. painters like beer and money so i'm sure you can work somthing out

That's how I get my dad to paint my bikes. lol

Latest posts

Back