THE DEAN - 10/26

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THE DEAN - 3/29

Yeah...one problem though is that the bars have to lack the bump in the center to fit this stem...basically BMX style.

Find someone with a welder and have them add a little less than the grips you are using.
it adds usually 4'' longer and the grips hide the welds

That's a good idea about lengthening the handlebars. :D

Now I just need to be able to lengthen my legs. I'm assuming the same trick works as long as I wear 4" socks. :lol:

Re: THE DEAN - 3/28

Rat Rod said:
I'd like to put larger tires on here, but I don't know of any white walls bigger than 2.125" available in the U.S.

I got these 26x2.35 Bontrager Solana tires directly from Trek. They're very nice and chunky. They're actually a bit wider than my Fat Franks because they have a rub strip on the sides.

af_066.jpg

blackcruzer said:
I understand the purpose of the Basman seatpost but I don't know how it actually attach to the frame, does it just sit on the frame?

The post fits into the frame like a standard seat post and has a clamp on the frame. The forward end has a rubber bumper and just rests on the frame tube for support. The seat itself has a different clamp on it to work but you could modify a standard one as well.

The springer seems to work okay, but I didn't go over any big bumps to test it for obvious reasons. :lol:

The seat post diameter on this frame is 31.8mm.

electra has a 26x2.35 vintage diamond tire too. It looks pretty cool. Its what I have on my cruiser.

IMAG0749_zpsb91c8676.jpg

Hey Steve, I just wanted to know how comfortable that seat is? On the bike I built (Headhunter) I ended up putting a regular beach cruiser seat on it. I road it for a whole day at the beach and was sore for a week. The riding position on Headhunter is a little bit lower than the Dean. But it looks like you might have the same issue. That type of seat looks great on these low slung cruisers but as far as comfort, Nope! :( What do you think?

Kingzebba1 said:
Hey Steve, I just wanted to know how comfortable that seat is? On the bike I built (Headhunter) I ended up putting a regular beach cruiser seat on it. I road it for a whole day at the beach and was sore for a week. The riding position on Headhunter is a little bit lower than the Dean. But it looks like you might have the same issue. That type of seat looks great on these low slung cruisers but as far as comfort, Nope! :( What do you think?

You know...I'm not sure if it is or not. :lol:

What you see in the video above is the most I've ridden the thing so it's hard to say.

The bike also feels awkward to me because of the long reach and the constant fear of scrapping the pedals so it's hard to remember.

In regards to tires...these 26" x 3" Street Hogs that are sold in Europe are really what I need. It's just whether I'd be willing to spend the money to get a pair. Still not sure that it would raise the frame enough to make that big of a difference.

http://classic-cycle.de/en/Tires-Tubes- ... -wall.html

472.jpg

Looks like a smooth ride :wink:

You kind of look like my science teacher :shock: :lol:

Hi!Super cool bike!I sell SUN cruisers in my bike repair shop,just got a part number for the tires that come on the new Sun Crusher cruiser....26x3.50 blackwall with white pinstripe(pinner whitewall).Haven't seen 'em in person yet but pics i've seen look pretty cool.
Any LBS who deals with J&B importers should be able to get them.
That's my 2 cents....Have fun!

bunky said:
Hi!Super cool bike!I sell SUN cruisers in my bike repair shop,just got a part number for the tires that come on the new Sun Crusher cruiser....26x3.50 blackwall with white pinstripe(pinner whitewall).Haven't seen 'em in person yet but pics i've seen look pretty cool.
Any LBS who deals with J&B importers should be able to get them.
That's my 2 cents....Have fun!

They are available on eBay.

Back