THE DEAN - 10/26

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THE DEAN

I like the Army green, with the Orange 24" rims/tires set :shock: ..my two pennies... :shock:

I liked the orange wheels too, but the frame was too low. :cry:

I still may try them on the bike when I get the rest of the parts installed to see how it does.

More progress...handlebars, grips, seat post, seat post clamp and seat installed.

dsc0009wc.jpg

dsc0007og.jpg

dsc0010ji.jpg

dsc0013if.jpg

dsc0012qx.jpg

dsc0015vgd.jpg

dsc0017mo.jpg

Re: THE DEAN - 3/28

These parts fit this bike oh so well !
add a little titanium plate under that to spark things up when hitting a bump :lol:

Man this bike looks good! Dont paint it ,the grey primer is perfect.Add some hot rod pinstripes and shes complete,the monark is dead on,seat is perfect.Ride that sucker. P.S. if she aint scrapin she aint low enough!

It's actually raw metal right now...not primer.

Drivetrain installed...just about tore the pedal of on the first turn on the shakedown ride.

Okay...got all of the drivetrain parts sorted out today...will change the BB to a sealed set up eventually.

This thing is REALLY LOW. :shock: These 3G pedals probably aren't helping the situation, but they sure do look cool.

I'd like to put larger tires on here, but I don't know of any white walls bigger than 2.125" available in the U.S.

I guess like everyone is saying...you have to be conscious of your pedal position all the time to make sure not to scrape.

dean7a.jpg

dean2a.jpg

dean5a.jpg

dean3a.jpg

dean4a.jpg

Re: THE DEAN - 3/29

blackcruzer said:
Does the bike fit you good?

I need to be about 3-4 inches closer and it would be comfortable.

I'm 5'9" tall and I can feel my self leaning into it quite a bit to keep everything going.

Uncle Stretch suggested a Basman seat post, but I'm not sure it would work the same on this frame.

Re: THE DEAN - 3/29

Looks like the bars are a little short. Look at this one and they are pretty close size wise. My
bars are a little longer and let you sit upright a little more. Click for video.

Back