the californian

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all,
i'm starting a build for a friend of mine. she wants a bike built for her husband. she's pretty cool and is letting me do what i want for it. so heres the idea. i have a newer beach cruiser. ill post pics in a bit. $400 to make it happen :D . and a woody wagon theme. this is gonna be a blast. this bike is going to become a 3 speed with fat tires, and i was wondering if anybody has some cool shift lever design. i've seen the crowbar stye and im thinkin of doin something like that. i saw the thread about shift leavers and unless i missed something i didn't see what i was looking for. ill post pictures later.

PA261072.jpg

PA261074.jpg

PA261075.jpg

its a huffy triton. never seen one before but its actually pretty nice. its gonna get some work doen on it :D

well its been a bit but i finally got everything for this build. tires came. 26 x 2.125 jerald slicks. these are awsome tires!! :D also got the frame and fork back from the powder coat shop. its a nice gunmeal metalic color. used the original wheels and relaced the rear with a shimano 3cc hub for some gear action. so far everythings lookin good.

PB091127.jpg

PB091129.jpg

PB091132.jpg

PB091126.jpg

PB091131.jpg

still gotta do some pinstripes, and build the shifter but i got a good start with that from an old suntour rodabike stem shifter.

it was frustrating today. i had spent all lastnight working on copying a logo onto the rear skirt and as soon as i applied the varnish the painted desighn smeared and ran all over the place... so ill have to re do somthing tonight. but here it is so far. minus the wood which has become somthing short of a headache. :?

PB111108.jpg

heres the shifter set up. made from a strut off of a springer fork bent a bit. with rubber washers. almost done. it works great tho.
PB111107.jpg

PB111106.jpg

:D

oh and about the wooden shifter question. im going to be making somthing for that shift handle probabaly tonight or in the morning.

Back