The Bully, Just another Victim

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSV#6 The Official Name is?

Please please please tell me your leaving the paint just like it is and clear coating over it. I love the patina/modern parts combo this bike has. :wink:

Double Nickle said:
Please please please tell me your leaving the paint just like it is and clear coating over it. I love the patina/modern parts combo this bike has. :wink:

I'm with Double Nickle on this one! Just get rid of that yellow. (Maybe some black instead...)

bighit said:
The paint is staying as is except for the yellow. I will try to rub more of it off to get to the black. I don't think I will clear over it, but I do want to put something on top of it to keep it wet and juicy.

The fork is getting broken down tomorrow. The steerer is too short and need to go to the machine shop. The legs are getting a little something extra too.
Use polyurethane mixed 50/50 with mineral spirits. That's what I have always use to get a wet clear finish.

BH - Here is an idea. I did this with my Girvin fork when i had it, but sadly do not have any pictures of it. I took the fork legs off and turned them around so they lead the fork instead of trail the fork. It was a piece of cake to do and works just as well functionally. L@@KS great so far!

JOE

Re: SSV#6 Two Face

That frame looks great and it must be strong to have survived.

With the big void in the frame I can't think if something inside would add to it or take away from it.

Re: SSV#6 Two Face(Paint!?)

I like where this is going! I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a twin bar frame when I had the chance to get one cheap.

Re: SSV#6 Two Face( Orange Paint!)

What is the "Juice"? they look different in the second picture.

Re: SSV#6 Two Face( Orange Paint!)

bighit said:
It sits on a lip that is about a 1/2 from the base of the bottom, why? Well back in the day there was 1" and 1 1/4" head tubes. one is for 1" and the bottom is for the bikes with 1 1/4" steerers. Only because i used to sell Girvin/Pro flex do i know this.

So will you grind, machine, shape? Does the steer tube come out?

Latest posts

Back