THE BIRD. Flew the coop

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20210604_181702.jpg
20210604_181655.jpg
20210604_182806.jpg

Last edited:
Pulled this one out of back stock. Wondering if there's something on here that I might want to use on this build;:39:View attachment 159105
was going to use the Springer Fork off of that Schwinn.
But, sticking with my original picture of what I wanted this build to be when I finish. & keeping the stock fork and truss rod.
You better not take any parts off any of my bicycles MR.

What a nice frame. The shape of the stays is gorgeous! Unique wheelset too. I look forward to the ride video
These Murray built Elgin frames are very sleek & smooth.
I am fortunate ..
I was able to score this bicycle back in 2004 .

I chose the dark gray because I figured it would be the color to:
Best show the curves and the smooth lines.

Man that is looking sharp!!!!!!!!
I do have to ask though, is that front fork bent? The fender seems a little closer to the frame than they normally are.

Man that is looking sharp!!!!!!!!
I do have to ask though, is that front fork bent? The fender seems a little closer to the frame than they normally are.
Thanks man . It starting to fall back together.

Nope, Fork Not Bent. Probably just the angle of the picture the wheels turned a little bit. & also the undersides of the fenders are flat black which gives a deeper optical illusion.
: front wheel & fender aren't adjusted yet .
Remember your looking at Gothic fendrrs...not round.

Last edited:
The skiptooth / 1" pitch drive train is very cool. I only have one bike with that set-up, mainly because of the access to / cost of the skiptooth chains. But I always smile when I ride the bike. There is a different feel.

Old Manse Hawthorne.jpg

The skiptooth / 1" pitch drive train is very cool. I only have one bike with that set-up, mainly because of the access to / cost of the skiptooth chains. But I always smile when I ride the bike. There is a different feel.

View attachment 160415
Yeah, my preferred ride is the 1" pitch skiptooth.
It's like gliding as pedaling...
Here is my go to hood hopper.
1947 rollfast
With a 22t ladies chainring , as opposed to 26t...
Makes it easier on pedaling on hills.
20210606_170554.jpg

Put a different chainring on the original crank arms. This chain ring is from a 1930s c w c.View attachment 160389

Sharp looking sprocket. Have you considered flipping it around? I always thought the the spiral design should look like they were being spun by the cranks like this.
1623084776859.png

Sharp looking sprocket. Have you considered flipping it around? I always thought the the spiral design should look like they were being spun by the cranks like this.
View attachment 160447
Always thought that sprocket just didn't look right. Flippin it would make it better.

Back