The Big 'Un, 36er, Powder Coated and Looking Good!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Big 'Un, 36er

This is really cool, I am dying to see the mentioned video, or even just a picture of a person standing next to this :) Great build, keep it going!

Rich

I like it! Donk bikes arrive in Sact. That'll show those scraper bikes! :lol:
Nah, really it looks good and add one more that wants to see a riding video for size comparison(not for a 26" bike you showed the pic of that,a persons riding position/size) when you get a chance.

Some small updates. I welded a short length of 7/8" tubing on the top tube, so I could take the shifter off of the handlebars. I then drilled a hole near it, and on the other end of the top tube, to run the cable internally. I finished the day with some grips, and the bike looks a little more complete.

I'll continue to mess with it. I'll be altering the bars, eventually. But man, do I love riding this thing. Hope to post a video of me riding it soon.
IMG_1388_zpsc113361d.jpg

IMG_1389_zps5d095978.jpg

IMG_1390_zps51a1c540.jpg

How it looks today:
IMG_1391_zps9962f43a.jpg

So cool. Love the bars but I think the grip position would drive me batty. A crescent shape with the grips pointing straight back seems like it'd be much more comfortable. Didn't realize it was internally geared either that's spectaculoso.

Also have ya thought of maybe adding a mid bar feathering out from under the seat and either straight across or with a slight curve? Maybe brake up some of that large open area. It'd give a bit of a shark fin shape above water to the upper area. Just a thought. Then paint it like a shark with a grey to white fade. And name it great white Lol. I was serious about the bar the rest I got I got a bit carried away.

wimpy said:
Diggin' it more and more. Bars were only temporary,right?

Indeed. Though I may cut these up, and salvage parts of them.

Thanks to all for the positive comments. Wait 'til you see a video, so you can get some scale for this thing.

Latest posts

Back