"The 20 Minute Rat"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last summer, my buddy derek (not 1 on site) went garbage picking, he got this bike out of garbage. He wanted it 2 pull a trailer he made but couldnt fix it. I tryed 2 buy it from him then for 5 bucks he said no.. So today i see him hes like hey you still want that cruiser im like... Sure So heres the pics, I replaced rims, tires, added a head light, put on some pedals, oiled chain and Baught a seat off him for 1 dollar and 72 cents, its all i had in my pocket (change from taco bell x]) So heres the before picture.

Before:
DSCF0460.jpg

AND

After:
DSCF0467.jpg

I call this bike "The 20 minute Rat" Since thats how long it took me to fix her up.

Also, These are my new favorite handlebars, my first set of "bullhorns" as i heard some of you guys call them, I can do catwalks on this bike with these bars. Yeah this is like the nicest riding "garbage picked" bike ive ever had.

Total build cost is around 5 bucks, YOU CANNOT BEAT THAT!!!

Thanks mark! I need a new kickstand this one dont work good.

He hates the idea of another bike but he was suprised how nice it rode, He dont really care about me customizing them haha

Now that u said that justin i agree totally, i love them bars u can rest ur forearms on them there great, THIS BIKE IS FAST AS HECK MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!-UPDATE-!!!

I got bored with this bike, i decided to mix things up a bit. 2 days ago i got my buddys old mountain bike.. I looked at the bars and thaught of one of karfys bikes.. Hmm i bet those bars would look good if i cut em down a little. Took them off 2 inches on each side. I was riding around and looked at the bike, She looked 2 plain jane. I got a sprocket some new tires, Well not new but u know. and i cleaned it up, oh a new seat and seat post and Went to work. I cut the ends off my grips and put chrome end caps in, I tried 2 go for the 60's 'Dragster' feel.. I need to change seat its like riding a two by four. Anyways HERES THE PICS!!!

Front angle shot:
DSCF0812.jpg

Sprocket shot:
DSCF0815.jpg

Seat Shot:
DSCF0814.jpg

And a profile shot:
DSCF0813.jpg

I didnt realize how dirty this thing was till i uploaded pics, Ehh ill clean 2 morrow. Anyways im off 2 watch something on the boobtube ill talk to yall later. PEACE!!

Thanks hooch. I need to paint this.. Im thinking two tone flat red and black. red rims when i get a set, these are off a mountain bike. This bike is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST! It takes long 2 get going but when u do watch it. i dont got brakes either i almost got hit like 3 times.

ummm with all you got to ride I would park it til you figure out the brakes
I doubt if you wear a helmet and your afro dont count as a helmet lol
safety first bro
all us older guys got stories of our young n stoopid days
dont learn from our mistakes!

Ive busted my melon a few times, i never learned... I slowd down a bit, i didnt realize how quick it was till i was racing my buddy i was like 3 blocks away haha. I like this bike though im gonna get some rims, i found a stash of old bikes 2 day i need 2 get this old lady 2 give them up im gonna offer 2 cut her grass or sumthing for her, theres a old huffy i could use the rims off of. AND It looks like theres a western flyer... I want more bikes, DAD IS MAAAAAAAAAAAD Lol i told him he started Yelling "I DONT WANT NO MORE DARN BIKES HERE!" YOU GOT 10 NOW, YOU CAN ONLY RIDE ONE AT A TIME!" I dont think he understands that i got OCD and dont take meds for it lol. I just love bikes. i hope i can get those bikes.. Im going over there again 2 morrow, I Went 3 times today she wouldnt answer, im beginning 2 think shes dead. If she is im Taking them.. well i guess not they might be her kids. Ill get them bikes though, ill get pics of them 2 morrow.

Then again dad didnt want this bike here till he rode it when i fixed it, Its one of my nicest riders. I need a new seat though now.

I did a little more 2 the rat 2 day.. I added a chain guard and changed the seat. Im gonna put a speedo and brakes on it this weekend.
DSCF0831.jpg

DSCF0833.jpg

Heres the bike i might be getting...
DSCF0819.jpg

Well i got the rims today along with the red cruiser.. Heres the cruiser

DSCF0903.jpg

I got an old poopy huffy bike its like shot. Heres the rims i got off of it

Oh i changed the seat and yeah LOOK!!

DSCF0910.jpg

DSCF0912.jpg

DSCF0911.jpg

i Did alot of renchin taday......