Tempe Bicycle Week & Swap Meet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tempe Bicycle Week & Bike Swap coming up.... 8)

Bike-a-Palooza 2009
Tempe's Free Bicycle Event
Sunday, April 5 7 a.m. - 12 p.m. | Kiwanis Park 6111 S. All-America Way

Community ride - The 12-mile route will be lead by Tempe Bicycle Action Group. Registration starts at 7 a.m. and the ride begins at 8 a.m. First 300 participants will receive free T-shirts. Helmets required. The Tempe REI store will be onsite to provide minor bicycle tune-ups for community ride participants.

Bicycle swap meet - Come out and buy/sell/trade your new/used bike(s), equipment and accessories. Businesses are required to apply for a city of Tempe Special Events Privilege (Sales) and Use Tax License in order to participate. For more information, please visit http://www.cazbike.org.

Bicycle raffle - All participants can enter into a drawing (one per person) to receive a free bicycle provided by Tempe Bicycle and Ehrhardt's Schwinn Bike . Bring a pair of old athletic shoes to donate to the Nike Reuse-A-Shoe Program and receive two tickets into the raffle.

Entertainment - Radio Disney will be onsite from 9:30 - 11 a.m. pumping up the crowd with interactive games, giveaways and contests that get kids involved and laughing. Southern Arizona Freestyle Entertainment will be out showing off the latest bmx tricks. Shows begin every hour. There will be interactive, transportation related activities where kids can enjoy free play time. Projects and activities include:

Transportation necklaces

Transportation visors

Inflatable activity center

Transportation sun catchers

Food and beverages - Tempe High School Booster Club will be selling food and beverages for a small fee.

Safety demonstrations and free helmet giveaways - It's important to have a proper fitting bicycle helmet. Come out to the event and receive free helmet fitting and bicycle helmet for first 100 people. Staff from St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center will be onsite educating the public about the importance of wearing a helmet.

Bike to Work and School Day 2009
Wednesday, April 22 from 6 - 8 a.m.

Bike to Work and School Day is a national event that celebrates the ability of commuters to enhance air quality, cut down on traffic congestion and improve personal health by commuting to work or school by bike. This one day event is designed to get you to try biking to work or school.

Bike to one of the following breakfast site locations to receive free breakfast and get an artist designed t-shirt (first 400 people get a free shirt). Join Mayor Hugh Hallman along with members of the Tempe City Council on a bike ride through Tempe. Meet at Whole Foods Market at 7 a.m. and bike to the Transportation Center in downtown Tempe. Tempe Bicycle Action Group will lead rides from all breakfast site locations to the Transportation Center.

Breakfast site locations:

bWildflower Bread Company (southwest corner of McClintock and Guadalupe)
bBerning’s Fine Jewelry (southwest corner of McClintock and Warner)
bWhole Foods Market (northwest corner of Rural and Baseline)
bTransportation Center (northwest corner of Fifth and Forest)
bIKEA (northwest corner of Warner and Priest)

Download a copy of the current press release.

Thank you to our Community Sponsors:

Tempe Bicycle Action Group bClif Bar bCoalition of Arizona Bicyclists bTempe Bicycle bEhrhardt's Schwinn Bikeb Tempe Police Department bValley Metro b REI b Berning’s Fine Jewelry b Wildflower Bread Company b IKEA b Whole Foods b Tempe in Motion

For more information regarding Bike Month activities please contact Tanya Chavez at (480) 858-2215 or email Tanya Chavez.

I will urge any and all to attend next year! This was the third year of this event and it just keeps getting bigger and better! Lots of nice people, lots of nice deals, and a huge range of interest!There was more vintage this year than before, but heck, there was more of everything for that matter.Made some money, got a sweet deal( Thanks Tempe Terror) got to hang w/Tikiharl a while, came home parts and bike lighter and wallet heavier! All in all a good day! :mrgreen: Later & PEACE!!!!

SlickRick is right.
The swap meet this year was better than last years. I saw the load of parts that TempeTerror brought. I picked up a nice front fender for my Colson.
I also scored a great wheelset. S-2's laced with a Sturmey Archer three speed and drum brakes front and back, as well as a two button rack for my '62 Typhoon, all for $100.
I wonder who bought the green Hiawatha girls skiptooth bike with the cool springer set-up and embossed fenders that Tempe Terror had?
I met Tikiharl and got a chance to see his hellbilly bike that he was offering for sale. There was a rough Gene Autry 20" bike there and several "tankers".

Tonka said:
I wonder who bought the green Hiawatha girls skiptooth bike with the cool springer set-up and embossed fenders that Tempe Terror had?

I didn't know the people, but I gave them a killer deal. They weren't very friendly for some reason. Oh well I hope they are at least friendly to the bike.

Weren't very friendly?
After the deal you gave them, they should be sending you Christmas cards for the next couple years.....

Back