Ted Nugent

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up 'The Essential Ted Nugent' today. It's a 3 disc set with some great tunes on it. One of the first Rock and Roll albums I ever bought was 'Cat Scratch Fever'. I was 11 or 12 and it just came out. Now that I'm an old man, I also like his view on life. "Hey! you kids, get off my lawn!"

skyrider said:
Did you happen to catch his Glen Beck interview?
No I did not, but I'm going to look for it now that you have enlightened me. Glenn Beck makes alot of sense to me too. Thank you.

Wang Dang! Just heard some of ol Ted.. I finaly got hip to the I pod craze and loaded a bunch of old cd's i had to play at my shop... Forgot how much I like some of that childhood music... Strangle hold is a good example.. Its really not his best song but its powerful none the less.... Some of the other stuff that came up on my I pod was Blue Oyster Cult, Fog Hat some early Iron Maiden, CCR.. I wish I would have been open to the whole I pod deal sooner.. I didn't realize I had 1500 songs on CD that I could be listening to where ever I go!

maddogrider said:
cant grill em if you dont kill em
RIGHT ON! I would love to go bird hunting with him and Sarah Palin. I can imagine it now... "Ted. Your using a bow?!" :shock: Vice President Cheney ain't invited. :lol:

I too loved his Cat Scatch Fever album back in the day.

For all you youngins who think the Tedster is Mr. Patriot and John Wayne reincarnate, you might this this eye opening:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As patriotic as Uncle Ted claims to be, he pulled a nasty stunt to evade Uncle Sam during the Vietnam War. In a July 15, 1990, Detroit Free Press interview, Nugent crowed about how he managed to dodge the draft. He claims that 30 days before his draft board physical, he disavowed personal hygiene. The last ten days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and with a week to go until the physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether. When the big day came, he had been living in excrement-caked and urine-stained pants. Always the hero, however, Nugent reassured the Free Press, “But if I would have gone over there, I’d have been killed, or I’d have killed all the Hippies in the foxholes. I would have killed everybody.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alot easier killin' animnals than killin' the Viet Cong i guess.

Spin

An interviewer from the British newspaper The Independent questioned Nugent about a 1977 interview in High Times magazine in which Nugent allegedly detailed elaborate steps taken to avoid the Vietnam draft.

"I got 30 days' notice of the physical," Nugent told them. "I ceased cleansing my body. Two weeks before the test I stopped eating food with nutritional value. A week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. My pants got crusted up."

Nugent dismissed the veracity of these statements, saying "You've got to realize that these interviewers would arrive with glazed eyes and I would make stories up." He explained that he did not go to Vietnam because he had a 1 year student deferment. When questioned, he admitted that he had "not wanted to get his ... blown off in Vietnam," but made note of a tour he made with the USO in 2004 to Fallujah and Afghanistan as support of his assertion that "I am not a coward." He also said that "Because I failed to serve in Vietnam, I feel an obligation now, to do everything I can to support those defending our freedom. Do I feel guilt and embarrassment? Yes."

I don't recall the word Patriot being used in this post but to his credit, at least he admits his prior shortcomings. What I appreciate is his linking of spirituallity to the harvesting of game. I also thank my creator every time I have that good fortune hunting. I also strongly agree with his views on the Second Amendment. Maybe I should have stated that initially.

Man dont get me wrong i have been a Ted Nugent fan all my life seen him live about 10 times but i think he should keep his political point of view off the stage and play ROCK and ROLL. i like alot of he says but when i go to see a show i wanna see ROCK and Roll not get an ear full of his political views. ROCK N ROLL!!!!

Back