Tattoos

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes theres pink but that was red bible binding and its 30 years old!lots of years of jail style tattoos,never spent more than 2 days!but i make anything and homemade tattoo guns were fun to build,heres one now.bye the way i was born and raised in a sunoco garage,i always wonder why i like to fix everything steel?ow ya my first word was sunoco.hhhmmm for all the young ones heres the original,wow real oil smells good! i remember when gas was 32 cents a gallon and went to 53 cents in 1973,i was pumpin gas.imagine that.
bikevid013.jpg
stn-4.jpg

Left leg
l_e3f6d3cf9dc4b2e7c6e7af4b146f8511.jpg

No explenation neded I think

Right leg
l_632515a8568132513e0bceca78d02eb0.jpg

This was the logo on our wedding invitations

Next tuesday my arms are getting done.

I want one. i know what i want now, i wanna get an eagle across my upper back like a wingspan.

New ink on my left arm. Right arm will be done next monday. Same design but with frankensteins bride and "true" in the banner. (what else?) Then coloring and finished....
l_f50eb5879796fc800681d9697cce8c44.jpg

l_129e8dd300fd037b97ca9da125f30016.jpg

l_68db0bcfd0d3ea6f9eeee57020faf41a.jpg

I got six tats, which you can find there: http://kuvablogi.com/blog/17068/1/

My first was harley-davidson logo, with my birthyear and flames. Its in my right hand.
Second was triquetra in right leg.
Third was sun with greece numbers. It means the year, when i was big surgery and it went well.
Up to that is something that i can't explain english. It means healthy and some other things, viking ..... :)
fifth was "pro patria" text, what means something like "anything for your homeland"...
And my last tat is iron cross. Last 4 tats are in my left hand.
When i get some dead presidents in my wallet, i go visit in to needle chair and start cryin like a sissy girl.. We start to do t-sleeve in my right hand.

I have quite a bit of ink, but the one that is most important to me is this one

IMG_2963.jpg

my daughters footprints
the time she was born on the pocket watch my moms gave me
and the Ti wedding bands I built for my wife and myself ( they came from the same piece of material, I cut her ring from the center of mine)

Hu..

I guess I should get some pictures of my ink... I got over 100 hours.. both arms sleeved, upper back, both legs below the knee...

I'll see if I can get my ol lady to snap some photos...

IndianLarrytattoo.jpg

He's a big artistic influence for me, and I met him in NYC before he was big, and he was so amazed that someone in San Diego knew who he was. R.I.P. Indian Larry. The art is from a Paul Cox seat, and I asked Paul's permission to use it. My Triumph chopper is based on paul's Triumph chopper that was in Iron Horse many years ago.

PDC_0225.jpg

Rat Fink. Roth is another big influence.

PDC_0224.jpg

This is part of the sleeve on my right arm. Buddha and some anime girls that an ex-gf drew. The dragon got wrapped around them later.

I have way more tattoos than this but this is all I have digital pix of. I have some Sailor Jerry: a heart with a banner and some roosters. To complete the trinity I have a VonDutch Flying Eyeball on the back on my neck. I don't think ther's anything wrong with getting flash as long as it actually means something to you.

Evil Monkey said:
Well start posting, what are you waiting for?

Alright... Fine. Bully...

Here are a couple of my tats...
My one eye'd monsters... Where the name of my company came from. Probably my most meaningful tattoo... The symbolism is that if I don't watch it.. The monsters have control of me....
3011484413_e1a3422138.jpg

Roses.... These where my grandads.. He got them on his forearm while in the navy (his where all black of course)... A tribute to him...
3012320256_90507d6eaf.jpg

My ragin bull... This one was published in Savage Tattoo..
3011484241_cc116d1a47.jpg

Random Weirdness
3011484159_ba8dd3bbf1.jpg

My Minotaur... My left leg below the knee...
3012319790_a67472fe6a.jpg

3012319872_1dd78455b6.jpg

Neck Weirdness
3012319706_f1ea767337.jpg

Body shot
3012319614_365ed132b6.jpg

Dragon..
3012319550_b01feb8d3f.jpg

Anyway.... Been a while since I got tattoo'ed... Not sure what if anything is next...

Oh yeah... Then my Lucky 7 Tattoo....
3012319584_51dd8830e3.jpg

One of my first... The "L"s and the "A" are my boys initals... The bull horns, Taurus... The 7 is my number....

Skid Mark, digging the RF tattoo. Here's mine:
DSCN0186.jpg

Forgive the weird angle, it's really hard trying to take a picture of the back of your own arm!

I'm a huge fan of Sailor Jerry flash, and have a ton of it, but I also have a bunch of fake old school flash that's just dumb and out there. Here's a few of my favorites:
DSCN0136-1.jpg

Grampa Simpson's army unit:
DSCN0131.jpg

My latest:
DSCN0176.jpg

And my absolute favorite (censored for the kids)
DSCN0093-1.jpg

Left arm:
DSCN0192.jpg

DSCN0191.jpg

Right arm:
DSCN0189.jpg

DSCN0193.jpg

I also have a left sock Ramones tribute piece in black & white, a right leg piece that's in progress, but not appropriate to post here, and some work on my back that I can't photo myself, a Von Dutch flying eyeball and a few more inappropriate ones...
All told I have about 130 hours of work over the last 11 years, from about 10 different artists. The lions share of my work for the last 4 years is from Pop's Tattoo Emporium in Kingston, NY. The artists are fellow members of the Dusty Spokes BC :mrgreen:

i have 4 but one of my tat's are unfinished so here are three need to fix up the one and taking these pics make me relive
that i need to shave my arm's..

100_0768.jpg

100_0766.jpg

100_0765.jpg

Hooch,
I even like you more now my friend. I am working an a half-arm before moving to the back. By here are a few my other tats.
Like your work!!!

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

lots of great work!
Ric you should go to the Shades of Blue tattoo convention in Lacrosse WI this Jan. 23,24 & 25, 2009
I am planning on being there
and a great friend of mine who is an artist in Des Moines just joined this site Dandy Lion he should be checking in real soon with some cool bikes!

Hooch,
I might just do that since so close to La Crosse. Had my work done by Eddie B from Point Blank. His work has been in numerous mags as well.

I have a couple more ideas for another tat or two.

One is maybe on the "Rudge" sprocket idea with an eye in the middle of the hand surrounded with life's temptations. Such as "Ace of Spades" for gambling, "Needle" for Drugs, "Beer Bottle" and a girl, etc.

The other idea is a Grim Reeper on a Phantom riding out of some type of fire gate leading from darn-nation to collect the next "soul" One hand on the handlebars the other holing a bad titled "Soul Collector". Sort of like the bag in images of a "Tax Collector". a lttle humor doesn't hurt. :D

CHAINRINGS
http://www.blackbirdsf.org/chainwheels/

Hooch,
I am sending you a Girls with tats link. I would post but there is one or two images that might not be appropriate for here. But most of it good. You can judge after viewing whether to post.

Frank got some color. Still not finished. Next week the other arm is getting colored and then back to this one...
Sorry about the "blurry" pix
DSC04959.jpg

DSC04958.jpg

DSC04960.jpg

Hooch said:
ricksterr1221 said:
i WANT a tattoo. Idk what..
if ya dont know....... you dont need one :)

Sage advice!.... the reason I still have no tattoos. It's art and it's for life, and not to be taken lightly.

It's great seeing all the inspired ink here -- especially since I've seen a lot of really bad ink through the years :lol:

Back