Tank and Rack ID

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, any one have any ideas what this tank and rack belong to the tank looks to be metallic Red, the rack has no stampings and a hole for reflector on a tab at the rear

Cheers T

Definitely a Spaceliner tank. I am guessing a ladies, but it is hard to say without a side view.

That Wald rack is one of the better looking aftermarket racks from that time period. It will look good on most old ballooners. Gary

B607 said:
That Wald rack is one of the better looking aftermarket racks from that time period. It will look good on most old ballooners. Gary

Hi Gary, what period is it? 40's / 50's?

Safe to say it was available in the 50's. Not sure how far back they go. I see them pretty often so they're probably not too rare. Gary

Spaceliner. A view of the tank bezel fro. The side and front would determine the gender. Agreed boys were flamboyant red. Girls were blue or teal color.
Looks to be a boys though seeing that the girls had a drastic angle vs the straight boys tank where the tank wrapped the headtube

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back