tandem bicycle unsure of year make or model any ideas?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I was again doing my usual buffoonery of looking thru ads and checking this crazy place people call the internet out and looking at bicycles and this lil "diamond in the rough" caught my attention.
my wife wants a trike, but I am trying to coerce her into this.
however I have concerns since the guy wants 300 or it.
first off being there is no markings so it has obviously been resprayed which is fine with me I will most likely make it mine anyways.
second is the year it looks like it may be old but i have concerns there is so many "faketiques" out there ( yup new word fake antique lol) that I get confused about what is old and what is not.
also any diea who makes it and what model it may be. for 300 I am extremely skeptical about it. not so much about ti being vintage I seriously doubt it is but the fact it is a tandem and very desirable to me I need another set of eyes to see thru mine and let me know if there is anything im not seeing that would be a major throw off. bearing n mind ii already noticed the repsray and there is a tear on the back seat. there is more pictures I will get in a bit also wanted to mention the guy never said it was antique I just assumed by some of the features it has so not going to throw him under the bus for that just yet lol

Ho boy, try and ride an American made early mass produced tandem and you will never ride one again. It's like riding a swing bike with a broken frame only 3 times as hard to pedal as a regular bike. Forget going up hills. Wiggle, wobble grunt. This is not true for a modern quality tandem. Once you have ridden one of these with an unexperienced tandem riding gal on the back where she can't see where she is going you will hate it. You are going to have a lot of "discussion" with your wife when you try and coordinate a ride. Ha! stay away until you ride one together. I have one that I got for free and it will be used as a wedding ornament with the basket full off flowers and in my humble opinion that is all it is good for. They take up a lot of storage space and are very heavy and long so they are not easily hung on the wall. There was also one at our family vacation cabin and I hated as a kid to ride it with my gal cousins. My parents always made me take that as the adults got the regular bikes, bah, bad memories to boot. It takes coordination, leaning together, peddling in unison at the same power. It takes concentration to ride one.

I once rode one with a pretty girl... Best bike ride ever! :happy:
Well, thats a different story, I would have liked that when I was a teen or a young adult. Now I am old and I like things simple. As a kid couldn't put up with weak slacker girl cousins who don't pull their weight peddling?

Back