Tan seat and grips

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have spent all weekend looking at all the bike suppliers I can find and no tan seat and grips. Has anybody found any that match Schwalbs? Come on Clancy work your internet magic and find me something , or my build will come to a screeching halt. :cry: :cry:

hey paul,if you could use that tan troxel seat,on the right ,let me know. it just needs a chassis! :D the only grips ive found that match the tan schwalbes are cork grips.
DSCN2109.jpg

Ok Clancy I know it didnt take any internet genius to come up with Brooks. They dont make a tan seat anyway. At 59 I have had delt with enough pain in the but , I don't need to spend good money to get some more. Just mention that word and I still feel the imprint of the last one I had :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Jon I need the one in the middle . :lol: :lol: .....I'm going to make a pass at walmart and pickup a brown one with some matching grips....after all its just a bike. This is getting a little carried away anyway

IMG_4926.jpg

for $20 ya can't go wrong with the bell cruiser seat from walmart.

not too keen on the grips though. i picked up a couple few sets of handle grip clamps from my lbs.

i just die leather and lace it between the clamps(cow hide). you can get leather die in almost any color.
i thought the chrome leather combo picked up the seat nicely.
IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

If you are going with the Wally-world seat, I would use some different grips.

Either Shellac some cork grips

2187390371_400811210f.jpg

Or try some of these grips from VO. The photos makes them look orange but I think they would look more brown or honey.
http://www.velo-orange.com/vo.html
yhst-84224226242177_2094_84988159

These are the tires I'm trying to match. I dont know why Schwalbe dosent make seats and grips to match their color of tire.

barsandkickstand002.jpg

Guy at the lbs said he has a nirve custom cruiser seat he wants $20 . I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. Thanks everybody.

Latest posts

Back