T!-I!-M!-B!-O!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My names Tim and I live in Canada in the fine Province of Ontario of the shores of Lake Erie and Ontario, Hamilton is the closest big town to me.

I love bicycles and have always looked fondly on my memories of racing around on my bike. As I got older Skateboards and all the genres of punk and creating art became my game. Now I'm just a tad older and my love of every thing old is greater. I got into cruiser bikes kinda late. I had often pondered and taken part in many rat rod builds of cars. When I was 28 I saw Electra's Rat Rod in Boulder Colorado and I was blown away. "THATS THE BIKE I want" I would say to myself. Unfortuenatley I just can't afford it. Recently a friend of mine showed me his new bike an old beater painted in WW2 Russian Tractor Green. I am also in to pre ware and second world war Russian aviation and am taking my pilots license, when money and time can afford.

I saw it and was envious. "where' the heck you get that?' I asked in envy and astonishment." Ah some old dude on such and such a street rebuilds bikes I picked it up for 40 bones and got the missus one to for 40 bones"..."SNAP!" I better got check this dude out. The next day I grabbed what cash I could and got in my gas guzzling truck and headed to the location. There sitting on the lawn was an old Red bike with off-white(cream) fenders,The rear fender has the original reflector on it, cool handle bars and a nice looking seat. 50$'s!!! I only had 45 and after little haggling I got "The Rocket" for 45$'s way cheaper than an Electra..and this thing definitely is old.

It's a CCM made in Weston, Ontario, Canada and it has a Dunlop F41 seat, the Dunlop badge is brass. I know .... all about bikes but this thing looks pretty darn ancient. It's in good condition but it could be better. I want to add a head lamp and and some type of cool rack system to the back to hold my art and screen printing supplies. But I like the bike as is in most aspects but things need to be re-chromed and the tires are quiet cracked but not rock hard and are quiet shiny and nice and not chunking to pieces.

The front fork is very unique as it has some kinda weird thick wire reverse struts that run up to the handlebar neck where it meets the frame. The top part of the frame is gently curved.

I love the look of the bike. But most of all it has brought me such joy and freedom and most of all FUN and GOOD HEALTH.

WELCOME!

Hello Tim! Nice to see another from Ontario on here. Oldy57 recently posted a serial chart for CCM's here. You should be able to find the serial on your bottom bracket. Looking forward to seeing pics of your bike.

Hey hoser. Welcome ya know.

Sorry for taking so long with getting pictures! here it is, The RED ROCKET!

Profile Shots
redrocket.jpg

redrocket1.jpg

The back rim is a replacement and has a little meatier tire which fills the fender really nice. The tire cap is a spent Mauser 42 MG bullet from a link that my uncle found after a fire fight near Nijmegan in Holland, He was the gunnery sergeant in the Canadian army on a Bofors 40mm. you have to pay a nice penny for a fake looking bullet cartridge tire cap. This is the real deal. a Hacksaw and a hammer and I have a bithcin' back tire cap. Yes thats mud. I ride this bike daily.

redrocketbullet.jpg

a very nice CCM badge

redrocketccmlogo.jpg

The Dunlop Badge and seat

redrocketseat.jpg

Back