T-34 Mentor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I couldn't get used to the top bar looping down like that, so it went back to Walmart last month for a full refund. Right into my bike fund. We were by there yesterday, and there it was! One of the employees must have picked it up cheap and uses it to commute back and forth. It was locked up inside by the carts. It'll probably last for years after I went through it.

I forgot to put the fenders back on, so maybe I'll surprise the new owner and drop the fenders off.

Wait! You took it back?....for a full refund after you did such an awesome job on it?
That's just wrong on two counts.
1) you knew the bar dipped when you bought it but you modified it. A really nice job though.
2) it's too cool to get rid of!
Sorry just a rant about returns that are unjustified . We know someone here that works at Menards there are people that
return lawn mowers at the end of the summer for a full refund then do the same the next year! On the defense of your
action though the stores allow it!

That's why the Menards where I used to work came up with a very strict plicy on gas-powered items: Once you put gas in it, it's yours.. Can't be returned. However, they would consider giving you your money back if you took it to a small engine place and paid to have the fuel system completely cleaned out. PLUS there was a restocking fee. As you can imagine that policy cut down on the number of people tryin to pull that crap :)

Returning that bike wasn't ripping them off, that bike is better now than any they have like it. They got more bike returned than I bought. I lubed and adjusted everything to a tee. It was a win-win, they got a good bike, and I got funds to buy a 46 CWC.

t6f68y.jpg

Back