SWING-RAY-SPRINGER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I started building this on Friday 5.1.15.... I thought it would be cool to customize this Green Swing Bike that I Had using a Schwinn springer Front end.. The paint was pretty scratched up and it was missing quite a few of its original parts..
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I got it stripped and Powder Coated it Mirror Black with Violet and Blue Pearlescent added to the Black. It's real subtle in the Sun light.. I also riveted the Swing Bike badge back on and Installed new decals.. Saturday 5.2.15, took me the rest of the day to complete but I finished it in two days.
image.jpg
image.jpg
A front brake is a must on a Swing Bike so I Built a Brake bridge and tack welded it on back side of the truss rods..
image.jpg
Custom built chain guard and seat... I took these pictures and took it on its maiden ride just before dark...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I took it home and put it in the stable tonight:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
That may have set a record! I've got so much going on that I'm lucky to steal an hour to work on bike projects. Then I run into snags like broken rear fenders... ugh.

Looks great Robb!
Thanks Crash for the kind words.. I hope your days are better and less stressfull:)

Back