Swing Bike Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Picked this up locally off of craigslist.
Needs some work but will be a cool project.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Anyone have ideas on the seat post.
I will have to fabricate one.
Not sure if it has to have a certain angle or not.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

esabe2ym.jpg
this is what your post is suppose to look like. Took it off of mine to rechrome.
eqy9yman.jpg

Need a x-53 chain-guard and fork. Also looking for a beehive springer for a girls jc higgins.

Anyone have ideas on the seat post.
I will have to fabricate one.
Not sure if it has to have a certain angle or not.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
I can get you some measurements.

Need a x-53 chain-guard and fork. Also looking for a beehive springer for a girls jc higgins.

Thanks for the pictures,
If you could get me some measurements that would be great.
Thanks

So 1in squared tube on a 6in stem. I dont know if it matters but it has an internal wedge on the seat tube. Here are the pics let me know if it helps or if you need more. Sorry couldnt find my large protractor but i made do. Measures at 110 degrees.
6a5azuha.jpg
epare5ed.jpg
umy9aqud.jpg
y3e2ysez.jpg

There was a guy on the Muscle Bike Forum who made some of those.

I sold all the ones I made.
You will need to keep the angle so the seat has clearance. Otherwise the bolt will hit the bottom of the seat.
I could not find a stem quill of the right size. An old bike shop up town had some quill bolts which were used on English bikes back in the day. I had to grind mine down to make them fit. They worked great once I ground them down to the correct size.
Here's my original next to the ones I had made.

wish I could get my hands on one of these so cool

Back