Sweet photoshop madness

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was in another thread here and came across this picture.

I thought it was legit at first, but on further scrutiny, I've come to the conclusion it's a photoshop.

Have a look......what do ya think?

clp00068r.jpg

my guess is photoshop too. looks like an old boardtrack picture that someone edited into a dirt track. theres not enough banking on that berm to lay the bike down that much without eatin it. just my thought

Easy E

the shadow job is pretty good. for some reason i don't think it's old, just looks to me like somebody playing 'dress up'. i also saw it in the 'cyclone' (bike parts distributor) catalog.

I think the only way to know for sure would be to re-create it, in one way or another.

Either photoshop together another old racer with track,

Or, go out and see if you can bank that hard without eating dirt :p

We shall settle this!

I might take a stab myself.

(one way or the other)

Sounds like a job for Myth Busters.

I think they just took the shot right before the guy fell over. :lol:

Looks to me like a modern picture, too, plus photoshop.

One thing is that back in the old days, films were a lot slower, so you wouldn't see this kind of up-close and sharp picture.

I found the pic on Picture Australia, with a heap of other vintage bike pics. Picture Australia is a combinded online database of Aussie library picture databases. Its from the State Library of Queensland, from the sound of it they have the original B&W print.

http://www.pictureaustralia.org/app...splay&mode=display&rs=resultset-1046753&no=80

Title: Ultimate speed on a racing bike, Clifton, ca. 1930
Creator: Unknown
Description: John Bange on a racing bike on his property in Clifton, Queensland. John Bange was a gliding pioneer. He designed and built the first enclosed-fuselage glider to fly on the Darling Downs. It made its maiden flight in Clifton on the 27 October 1935.
Description: John Bange was a gliding pioneer. He designed and built the first enclosed-fuselage glider to fly on the Darling Downs. It made its maiden flight in Clifton on the 27 October 1935.
Subject: bike, bicycles, cycling, flying goggles, caps
Publisher: John Oxley Library, State Library of Queensland
Image number: clp00068
Format: photographic print : b&w
Managed by: Item is held by John Oxley Library, State Library of Queensland.
Collection or series: 6780
Date or place: Clifton, Queensland
Date or place: ca. 1930
Rights: This image is free of copyright restrictions. For further information please view http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/legals.htm

Back