Sweet ol' Schwinn girls find for cheap

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was bought at auction for a $1, it's broken skip tooth chain and sweetheart crankset along with the rusted wheelset were replaced with a the Schwinn mag sprocket and a red painted set of heavy duty tandem 26" wheels. Would this be a late 40's paint scheme? S/N is j07066 I bel
wards035.jpg
ieve.

nice looking old girl, id say your in the ballpark on the year too. bunch o bikes has the serial list for most schwinns.

Yeah, thats why i said "most" :mrgreen: the tank paint scheme matches the DX style paintso it wouldnt be any older than their run, ive got a 51 hornet with the sweetheart skiptooth and a 52 hornet with a half inch clover thats original to the bikes. i dont know the years they were badged for ACE but somewhere in the 40's sounds like a solid decade to put the bike in to me. i see your tag is in Watson, im just a few miles south of ya in West Frankfort.

Hi rustydawg
nice find it looks like it was all original,i found some info; that may help on bunch o bikes serial chart you're serial # falls in between
j04001-j15000 bike was made on these dates
3/16 to 3/18 of 1953 that year they made a total of 501,379 bikes

I was wondering where in S.I. you were from CCR, West Frankfort is home to distant kin for me. Are there Flowers growing in your area, the family name is Flowers. Coal mining family from eastern Kentucky settled and worked around W. Frankfort 1920-40', some family remained around your area! Yea, your a straight shot south on 57 from me :)

Cant say i know too many Flowers around here, Im 29 but i believe i went to school with a girl a couple years younger than me with the last name of Flowers... Amanda maybe ??? Towns not that big but I still cant say I know everyone :mrgreen: Next time you get to looking for a part or something let me know and I'll see if i can help, I drive up your way quite a bit for work through i see alot more of sesser and mt vernon than i do of Watson but i still drive through often enough on my way to Higginson's.

Back