Swap meet Phat find!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was walking through a car part swap meet on Sunday, and found THIS! I ask how much, and for $60 I walked away with it. The handlebar was cracked, and the tires dry rotted. The chrome is too rusty for words. The shifter is broken, etc etc..... Sounds like an old rat rod car almost. Anyway, I already got started on it. It's a Phat Business Class chopper, which means Nexus 7 with a coaster brake. Schweet!!,,,,KR

PhatBC.jpg

And the latest pic.... Nothing too amazing yet, but I found a home for the Fireballs I was hording, hehe....

Phatprogress.jpg

Markm said:
right on!!!
whats up with the old tires??? 24 X 3????

Nah, black rims make them look huger than they are. they are 26x2.125. The fireballs were WAY fatter than most 26x2.125's though.,,,,KR

As for the deals, most of the ones I find are 80's road bikes, my main interest of the last 2-3 years...... :mrgreen:

Oh you mean the old ones? They're the Cheng Shin tires that look like those flat tread red lines from Electra. They're also dried up and
starting to crack. They might be fine to ride though?,,,,KR

Not sure what kind of shape the hub is in. I don't know how you could mess up a rear hub up on a sit down only bike. Well maybe if you
constantly left it out of adjustment, and unbolt the coaster arm, hehe. I figured out how to stand on my roadster, but only after a LOT of practice. This
one? With the ape hangers flexing and awkward crank position, nuh uh!,,,,KR

wow! sweet score, i like your bars much better than the stock apes. Never was too crazy about them...

I had mine set up with bars like that for a while. It definatley handled better, but the seat was not too comfy. In order to use a regular seat i have to raise the post pretty high and it didn't work too well with the cruiser bars. I think it loks cooler this way, but the other way is much more ridable.

2676671835_d28dc0294e_b.jpg

don't mean to hijack you thread, it's just cool to see somebody else has the same frame.

Sweet, so I imagine mine is an older first gen frame, with the thin down tube. I have an old Polo style banana seat. Some flat black or red oxide primer with a mexican blanket polo seat, would be pretty cool, hehe.,,,,BD

GTCOMA said:
I guess the head tube on yours is raked out a little more too.

I was looking at that too, but I thought it was my imagination. You could be right.,,,,KR

Back