Surprise Electra gift from M&D :)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few weeks ago I bought my wife an Electra Deluxe cruiser. I have a Deluxe Relic, and have been wanting to pick up the candy red version for myself. Anyway, my folks are into cruisers and they've got a few Electras and also know how much I wanted the red guys Deluxe. Yesterday I got a nice surprise out of the blue. They got me the Electra Deluxe that I've been wanting! It's brand new, but is one of the first of the "flat foot" cruiser frames Electra did. Some bike shop had this one sitting around for a few years.

Here's a quick pic along with a pic of my Relic.

0d17c87b322f4deab383b34c2226a2e9.JPG

100_0277_61ar.jpg

Re: Surprise gift to me :)

Last night I changed out the Schwinn-style sprocket on the red Deluxe for a Wald teardrop. I can't stand the over-used Schwinn-style sprockets that alot of the new cruisers use. There's also an updated pic of the Relic with the stem dropped down and headlight.

3a03a981f5d54706990db2d70ff57a0f.JPG

f6e60a5f24ea4240932a1280b2592452.JPG

aadbc7df0a294ba78fe4007c9610d9a7.JPG

cf975928cd654eb5916bf41353002804.JPG

blacksheep said:
I know they're not rats, but I really like 'em. 8)

Rats, schmats - those are very cool, very comfy bikes! Congrats, and ask your peeps if they'd like to adopt another kid (that is probably about their age!)! :mrgreen:

Not rats, but definitely rods! From the factory! +1 on the overuse of the cloverleaf chainring! Digging that wald on there! -Adam

Hammond Eggz said:
blacksheep said:
I know they're not rats, but I really like 'em. 8)

Rats, schmats - those are very cool, very comfy bikes! Congrats, and ask your peeps if they'd like to adopt another kid (that is probably about their age!)! :mrgreen:

I'm pretty lucky that at 37 I still get treated like a kid sometimes(and I'm not complaining :wink: ). Also lucky that M&D have the cruiser bug, too. Just today Dad said we need to find him an Electra Super Deluxe to go along with his Indy and New Belgium. Sounds good to me!

Rustinkerer said:
Not rats, but definitely rods! From the factory! +1 on the overuse of the cloverleaf chainring! Digging that wald on there! -Adam

Thanks for the comment on the chainring. I really like how it looks on there, too. I just need to find something in black to replace the one on the Relic. I've got a few more Walds, but don't know how well black spray paint will hold up on that chrome with friction from the chain.

Back