Super Sport but not a Chevy!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have been looking for years for this bike. I have been saving parts so that sooner or later I could build one when I had gathered it all together. But now I don't have to keep looking! I pick this up locally, but it was on Ebay. Its a '71 Schwinn Super Sport. The color is a one year only burgundy. It came pretty much original, except for the seat and it had 12 speed gearing. I dug into my saved parts and put the correct 32 tooth sprocket and spoke protector on. I also put on the redline tires I had been saving. NOW maybe one of you can answer this question. I can't remember if it had a Brooks B15 or B17 saddle on it when new? I would like to replace to the correct type. And does anyone have some glitter dark red handle bar tape? Thanks my friends!

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

I looked through all the catalogs and it doesn't say what was original and every picture someone is sitting on it. Great looking bike by the way.
1971_12.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I have a 10 speed schwinn approved seat that I can put on it. I'm justing waiting for the one person to say" When I bought mine new it had a ?". I bought the redline tires off of ebay years ago. I just checked and I found some at this auction 360402305255. I had checked with many LBSs and no one could get them. When I bought these, the guy also had bluelines. Probably would look great on a blue bike!

Back