Super score today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy ran an ad on c/l saying he had some old antique bicycles for sale starting at $20. I called him and he said they were in his warehouse about 20 miles away. So today I went . He showed up and i had called a friend...big mistake...and there were only a few of us there. he opened the doors and another guy and me went to the pile of bikes in the back corner. we started pulling bikes and I want this and I want that. As we got to the back this friend walked up and grabbed the best one from the pile....a schwinn dx complete skiptooth chain and all and said this one is mine. He got it for $35. Heck of a deal...dont call your friends. So I got leftovers. A columbia mw thunderbolt . another mw columbia frame and a schwinn speedster . I felt cheated so i grabed every wheel and put everything in a pile and asked for a price. It was really low . In my wheel pile i got a s/a 3 speed on a schwinn wheel ( I assume goes to the speedster) and an alloy set with a brand new shimano 7 speed with the hand brake part on the side. the nuts were still in a bag attached to the rearend. wheels are those kind with the inserts for the spokes. Anyway this other guy said he had a bunch of tricycles in another shop. I went over there and bought the only one with a chain...ha ha the friend wanted it. its a murray repainted and the front wheel has a chunk out but hey it has a chain. they say you can get replacements on ebay.

freshfind001.jpg

freshfind002.jpg

freshfind003.jpg

freshfind004.jpg

Nice score. The Columbia in the back is cool. I like those frames alot.

The 7speed Nexus w/roller brake should be fun. That needs to go on something you like riding alot.

Any of those rims 24"
I need a couple of 24 fronts and rears.

ouch, I can sell 24's

Back