Sunshine, What's it's story?!?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've inherited this bike from a reaaallly sketchy couple around town.
I was asking around for older bikes and this guy came up with this for me, came home with me for 40 bones.
extremely curious of its story, model. ect..

can you help me out? considering this for the build off.? let me know whatchu think
this baby was pieced together original forks cut and some 20" wheel shocks sleeved over them to create a "chopper"... :shock: sad
the back wheel was a 26" flat style hoop with a Bendix coaster hub.

here are some pics.
This bike was a complete gong show, and i had to tear it down immediately after arriving home. ha

photo48.jpg

photo45-1.jpg

serial reads "005666" and after stripping the 5 coats of brush painted Tremclad unveiled the original colour was red 8)

photo44-1.jpg

photo43-1.jpg

"gong show"? I love it! :D

looks like you got some work to do. good start! :wink:

Not a bad buy at all for $40. Sunshine bikes were made in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. They only made bikes from about 1949-1952. I have had a few and haven't found anything on how to break down the serial number, if it even means anything. Good luck with the build!

Honestly I'm not sure their thoughts behind any design of this bike when I got it, a lovely 18 wheel in the front, with a junior set of shocks pushed over the original forks. with fender supports acting as... truss bars? connecting to the nonsence on the stem..
and I quote GONGSHOW
Mainly made the purchase for the frame and cool headbadge I've cleaned up as best I can for now.
as you can see there's more brush paint stuck in the badge, that I'm having troubles gettting at..

photo50.jpg

thanks guys, I'm looking forward to rat/restore this one!

I actualy know what part of that thing is stuck to stem lol it's from one of those little kick stooters lol, neat frame though and badge, I've seen a few of those bikes come up for sale around here, i offten pass them up though because people -upgrade- them taking all the good parts of and replace them with compleat crap lol

There were a few parts missing from the bike.. The front fender/wheel,
the back rim was in pretty rough shape (didn't even have a tire, and was rode like this), original seat, truss supports for the front fork's, and handlebars obviously weren't as they should've been.
the rest is all orig.

The sunshine crank and "Sunny Sprocket" I :eek: like this added touch sunshine did to the crank:

photo46.jpg

Here's a link of a local add on kijiji, im guessing similar to what i have

http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-buy-an...alloon-Tire-Waterloo-Built-W0QQAdIdZ345697589

Latest posts

Back